Girlfriend is new to college and made a best friend. Anything to worry about?

Smanx5

Hey guys I posted a thread the other day in which I am doing quite well. I'm working on myself an our relationship is progressing much better!

Anyways I want y'all to read this link because this is what my girlfriend is doing. Which I shouldn't be surprised. It's just funny how I'm watching all this unfold before me.

link removed

Anyways she used to rely on me at the beginning of college. Now she found a best girl friend and she hangs out with her wayyyyy more than me.

I've begun to accept it because there's really not much I can do. I gotta give my girlfriend her girl time!

So I'm curious. She's akways and constantly with her new best friend. This week I can tell they have grown so much together, they literally do everything together.

Anyways, I'm asking just ladies. Is this normal? I'm happy that she's found a best friend, she seems a lot happier now that she has that girl she can talk to anything about. But between our relationship, we hang out less. I haven't seen her in almost 3 days now cause she's busy shopping, going to class, drinking on Wednesday nights with her BFF, and etc.

Me on the other hand, I don't beg her or tell her that we should hang out. I realize maybe we are goin to hang out less now since she has her best friend.

So is this normal, girls? Or is she slowly not gonna need me anymore and soon break up with me? Haha I don't think she will because we text regularly. We express to each other that we love each other through texts and miss each other and definitely have our amazing chemistry.

So yaa, I think I'm okay. Because at the end of the day I feel like I'm her man that she'll always be loyal to ya know?

It's just weird I guess cause I'm watching this transition before my eyes.

Any thoughts ladies?

Any of y'all do this to your boyfriend and it's perfectly okay?

Thanks everyone!

I think what's happened is you got used to things being a certain way. Now things have changed a bit.. she has a new friend. It could possibly be very much like new gf/bf and that honeymoon phase. All excited til it wares down later.

Now, if she gives you NONE of her time, i'd be bickering...

Since they go out shopping etc n drinks Wed nights... why don't you two make once a week YOUR night?

Do you see her weekends?

Yes, I'm sure she will still 'need' you. You are her bf.

See how things pan out over the next month or so.. see if her behavior changes.

I think what's happened is you got used to things being a certain way. Now things have changed a bit.. she has a new friend. It could possibly be very much like new gf/bf and that honeymoon phase. All excited til it wares down later.

Now, if she gives you NONE of her time, i'd be bickering...

Since they go out shopping etc n drinks Wed nights... why don't you two make once a week YOUR night?

Do you see her weekends?

Yes, I'm sure she will still 'need' you. You are her bf.

See how things pan out over the next month or so.. see if her behavior changes.

Exactly I was so used to her relying on me cause she didn't know anyone at the beginning of college.

We hung all the time. I'm actually having time for myself now. I stopped working out, doing less homework or do it at the last minute. And hang out with my fraternity brothers less.

Now that we see each other less. I'm able to do all these things. So in a way, having time for myself has definitely helped me. Even though I didn't like not seeing her at first. I have my free time and I'm accepting the change. Not being needy or emotional.

I just asked a good, close "girl" friend about this. She said the exact same thing you did. They're literally at the climax right now. She said all girls get tired of each other haha.

Although it sucked at the beginning of the transitioning, I'm changing quite well. I do miss her but I'm more focused in school, hanging with friends and getting back into shape!

We still have chemistry over texts an she's still loyal. We love each other so this shouldn't change.

She's actually coming over tonight after not seeing each other in almost 3 days.

But the main thing I wanna point out. We are arguing way less. Maybe it's cause we see each other less and miss each other a lot more. So that's very good

I think I'm adapting well too. I'm happy and that's ultimately what I want. I'm becoming less available to her too so that's good.

I just needed some thoughts from some girls.

Thanks for the post. I appreciate it

As you've already noticed, your relationship will actually be healthier because of this, not worse off. She does need you, she just needs you as a man, not as a gf. There is an important distinction there. Also, yes, girls do get tired of each other so this will simmer down in awhile. Still, it's important that she has good female friends, because no man can replace them nor should want to.

Giving each other space and going out doing your own thing, then getting back together, makes you both fresh and interesting to each other. You have things to talk about, you've had new experiences, you are not just constantly together slowly boring each other to tears and getting on each others nerves. Like you said yourself, you were slowly letting yourself go and that was not good. She didn't fall in love with a guy who let himself go, she fell in love with a guy who had a life and friends and was working out, etc. That is what made you attractive, so it's good that you are now getting back to who you are. Good for both of you and good for the relationship.

Archived