Ex kissed me out of blue but has a girlfriend

blonde123

Me and my ex broke up near 2 years ago and was on quite bad terms, so we completely cut contact. He has been with his current girlfriend for 1 year now and we haven't spoken in at least 6 months, then out of the blue last night he rang me and said we need to meet and speak (he was drunk) I said why r u doing this and he said I just want to clear some things up. So we met and sat in my car and we spoke about the past etc and memories and he said that he doesn't want to get out the car because that will be it he won't get to see me or speak to me anymore.

So we were chatting away and talking about our mistakes in past and etc.. He kept wanting to hug me alot, which i found a bit uncomfortable. Anyway before he got out the car he just passionately kissed me and after a while i would push away and he'd say sorry. His hands also started to wander at which point I said stop. We were a couple for 6 years and we have been apart almost 2 years. Sothis is so out of the blue.

I'm soon confused and feel like I'm back to square one again because I was so happy that I'd gotten over him and moved on in my life, now this!

Does this mean he is not happy in his current relationship?

Ugh, drunks can get so maudlin!

Just think this: Big baby! He wants to have his cake and eat it too... He wants his new GF, but he doesn't want to have to give up other women to be with just one woman (when he's drunk anyway). It's like a kid who wants ALL the cookies on the plate and burst out crying when he gets told he can't eat them all.

Don't put any weight on this kind of behavior. When he sobers up, he'll be right back with his GF again and probably embarrassed by the whole routine, OR he's a big cheater trying to set you up to cheat with him because he wants the variety of sleeping with multiple women at the same time.

Is he happy in his current relationship?

Actually, this kind of behavior could be a prelude to him proposing to his GF! Note how he said he was sad that when he walked away from the car he'd never see you again? He may have made a big commitment to her, proposed to her,, knows he has to give up all other women now, and is a bit sad about the loss of his freedom and that he'll have to give up everyone else. And was hoping you'd give him a freebie 'for old times sake' as one last fling before he marries her. That is also very common too.

If he had second thoughts about her and wanted you, he'd call you up when he was SOBER, and express that to you and break up with her. Instead he's talking about never seeing you again. So I think it is the opposite of what you think, i.e., he is making a big commitment to his GF, which means giving up the options to see anyone else, and he's sad and maudlin at that thought. Lots of men have big trouble with the idea of never being with other women again when they get engaged/married, so you get this kind of 'just one last time' behavior from them trying to sow their last oats before the door slams shut on them.

I agree with the others, he's having problems in his current relationship so flipped through his mental book of "who could make me feel better about myself?" and came up with your name. Also meeting with an ex when they're drunk--bad idea every.single.time. And notice this was all about him, not you. He didn't break up with her first then come to you, he just came on to you hoping for a booty call while he was drunk.

It's normal sometimes for exes to wax nostalgic or wonder if they made a mistake leaving someone in their past. But the good ones either keep it to themselves or wait until they're single and free and can come to you honestly to ask for a second chance. The bad ones just use your history against you to gain their own ends or try for a free sex/friends with benefits arrangement that is only good for them, not you. Sorry, tell him to hit the road and close that door on that chapter of your life knowing you dodged a very douche-y bullet. Would you really want someone who is willing to cheat on their current SO with you?

Archived