after 7 1/2 years. he just walks away

He was gambling every cent. I was devastated but we talked. He would tell me he loved me all the time. Always holding my hand hugging. He owed a lot of money. He lost his job. We would get through it always did. He said he would be back in a little bit. After 10 days I started calling everyone.well it seems he while he was doing a side job for an exs family. This ex who by the way threw him out and got a restrain order on him saying he was going to hurt her kids after four years together.he is not that kind of guy. I could not believe he left everything not a clue about leaving and moved in with her. I txtd him to call me it was the least he could do. He did and I asked if we could at least meet face to face to talk . He said he had nothing to talk about. I asked him if she knew the reason why he really went bk to her. He found an easy way out and took it. I haven't spoken or seen him in 4 mo. And I am still so heartbroken. I am better off I know but it hurts so damn bad. Before him I was married over 23 yrs and that relationship was awful . Just venting thanks for reading.

Obvioulsy the guy has problems, and treating you the way he did - abandoning you, says more than you can probably bare to face at the moment. But rest assured my dear, nobody deserves to be treated like that.

I know being left behind and lied to can make your self esteem go down the drain. That's normal, but just know for certain that does not reflect your value as a person, nor is it something they did because of you. They do it because they are extremely F'd up! Those two will start the cycle of disfunction all over again, while you will eventually be able to thank God that this jerk is no longer in your life.

It will take time. Stay strong.

Thank you everyone. Its a relief to finally vent a little. And to hear even it it hurts. What others think. I would just like to know for hopefully a future relationship. What im doing wrong. When i care for someone I love to take care of them. Yet I do not hover or call every ten min. I only ask for mutual consideration. If u are gone 3 hrs a quick call or txt saying u r safe is all I ask. And I have no problem helping you yard work ect a little help with household things would be great. I can't stand yelling. I believe in talking except when you are lieing and we both know it. . I would be so happy to find a man that treats me half as well as I have been treated. That's not a lot to ask and mabey one day... thanks again.. everyone.

I would be so happy to find a man that treats me half as well as I have been treated. That's not a lot to ask and mabey one day... thanks again.. everyone.

We often teach people how to treat us, by putting up with what we know is not acceptable. If you allow somebody to walk all over you over and over again, then they know they can get away with it, and they also lose respect for you. But if you give someone fair warning, and it usually takes a few times, and they still fail to treat you the way you've asked them to, then it's up to you to do the hard task of walking away. You have to know that you deserve better, and hold yourself to not accepting being treated poorly.

Archived