It was a bad idea..couldnt help it. Today was her birthday and I sent a happy bday email. Just that - no other info in the message other then Hope you are doing well.

Response "Thanks Buddy"

Is that meant to hurt? No. Did it...yes. I guess I respect her for making it clear thats where she stands but still I now regret having emailed....so for those of you contemplating...DONT!

Live and learn. I knew it would happen but did it anyways.

And for background...broken up 8 weeks. NC 6 except for the occasional passing at the gym.

Ive been doing ok. Still thinking about her everyday - but it only really hurts 3-4 days a week. Progress I suppose.

Chin up my man,it's NOT the end of the world - it show's you're caring. A short simple message,no mad declarations of feelings-it's not the end of the world.

Does she realise how you felt? I can't recall from previous threads and on my phone just now!

If you need a laugh - or potentially creeped out - I was thinking of you this morning. Like you I had the problem of going to the same gym as my ex. I also know her new guy/former ex goes too. I was getting anxious about running into them but missed working out so today I changed my schedule and went before work.

I get the happy chemicals of working out without the stress of seeing her (or even "them")

It was tough,I had flashbacks of how he would talk to her there whilst I worked out but I feel good,positive,and now tired after a full day at work!

So if you're feeling low,think of this- you kinda influenced a total stranger into taking a positive step in his healing.

And if that's not worth a head high, then why what else is!

Thanks man. I appreciate the kind words. Good for you on the gym. I run with a group on Tuesdays so ill do that tonight unfortunately tonight's run is a block from her house ...haha. Oh well I think it's worth it for the company tonight.

And maybe a little creeped out haha just kidding.

How have you been doing anyways? I'm still having a hard time but like I mentioned at least it's not as debilitating as it was.

I told her most everything about how I felt the first weekend. So I imagine she knows. It doesn't matter though she has been with her boyfriend. I imagine I'm basically a pleasant memory if that. That's the miler isn't it. We are turned upside down and they are happy moving on. I guess we have all been on the other side of the coin but you do realize how difficult it is when the other person doesn't feel the same way.

My ex's birthday is the 25th. We broke up a month ago today. I thought about sending her an e mail too. I'm NOT going to though. I dont need to do that to myself, where I wonder why she didn't respond etc.

I do miss her and sometimes wonder if she thinks about me. Each week is getting a little easier but it hurts still.

I wouldnt say it was a screw up. I think people's feelings are real. You felt the need to contact her, just shows you care.

I sent my ex an email three weeks ago just to get some feelings out and share....no response from her at all. I felt stupid after, like I shouldn't have sent that but I'm glad I did, it was nothing bad. Just spoke from my heart, I don't regret that.

My ex bday was ending of last month and at the time I too was cons plating whether or not I should send a birthday greeting in some form of communication. I didn’t J And now here it is the ending of this month and I’m fully over him. Ahh the power of no contact J Don’t worry. You slipped but get back up, dust yourself off and try again accomplishing it to its fullest potential this time! J Reading these forums is what actually helped me that under NO CIRCUMSTANCES does one break NC. It was that fear that helped me just move on. Glad I did. Good luck! Stay strong!

Thanks while it hurts I'm not sure I regret it. I would have spent the day stewing about it either way....which is crazy for a silly little email with nothing emotional in it. So either way it would have been a tough day.

I miss her. I know I'm nowhere near over her but hopefully that day will come.

Soon!!

It will jus take it day by day! You'll have your good days and you'll have your bad days but at end of day you'll be over her. Praying helps too if you don't mind me saying. Pray for her and watch these chains just come off you! (Accept Jesus into your heart by all means then pray lol) But your a soldier you got this! It didn't kill you and only gonna make you stronger.

And maybe a little creeped out haha just kidding.

How have you been doing anyways? I'm still having a hard time but like I mentioned at least it's not as debilitating as it was.

Hahah, I don;t balme you.

I;m still pretty morose, but I'm getting through the days, that's all we can do i guess.

Hey man, with the response that she gave (and even if she didn't respond at all), you can have the peace of mind that you spoke and did your part in showing that you still care in a casual-but-not-awkward way. You can at least tell yourself she must have read it, contemplated it, and thought of you, and that even though she responded in a very terse manner, you can at least know you've done your part in showing that you care, so she doesn't have any misconceptions. I'm planning on emailing my ex for Christmas here soon, which by then will have been almost three months since we broke up. I know and will feel good that even if she doesn't respond that she'll have at least read it and understood that I'm thinking about her every now and then and that I at least care enough to wish her a happy holiday. Positive attitudes work wonders

Archived