I need help to stop being so competitve

mendelpalace

For the past 10 years or so, my life has been basically consumed with trying to be the best at a few certain activities. I eat slept and drank them but in the end I'm really not good enough to be even a moderate pro. I'm so stressed out because I can't find fulfillment in anything. I feel this aching need to be the best, or the top level at some sort of competitive activity but I always fall so flat. I wish I could just enjoy life without having to strive to be the best at something, especially when I'm know I'm not exceptional and I'm too old to be a prodigy at something. Sure, I can have some fun enjoying some things I don't care about but for the most part I'm very unhappy and stressed out over my desire to succeed. I've been getting fiercely angry an losing sleep and I've been turning a lot to alcohol and other stuff lately so I need some help now before I start a downward spiral. Any advice?

First question, who brainwashed you into thinking you need to win? For example, snails also win at life, they take all day, they just eat a few leaves, but they survived for millions of years. What's the rush for, and is the first place that you are aiming for even worth the reward that it would give?

How much cash would you win, if you are nr.1 at that thing you were mentioning?

Archived