will Facebook make it awkward?

mandy86

I have been working at my current job for almost 3 months now. I have developed a crush on my co-worker. I am certain he is unaware of this. I am very good at hiding it. The reason I hide it is because I don't want workplace awkwardness or a relationship.

As most of you know I have been out of a very violent and abusive relationship for over 2 years now. Because of how violent my ex was I have been doing everything I can to avoid a relationship for the past 2 years because I feel I am not ready. Then my co-worker comes into my life and here I am with an awkward crush. I don't work with him every day, only occasionally. Like once or twice a month. We have had conversations about our personal lives.

I found him on Facebook and I don't know if I should send him a friend request. I don't want it to be awkward at work if he rejects my friend request. I am not really interested in a relationship with him yet (maybe one day, if we connect). I am just interested in a friendship outside of work. I don't plan on staying at this job forever, maybe for the next two years.

Have you ever added a co-worker on Facebook? Should I add him considering I like him and do you think that would make things awkward at work?

If the right person came along, I probably would consider dating / a relationship.

Do you really think you need him on there? Maybe just keep watch on him at work.

see how it goes with him for a while more- getting to know his personality etc.

Though, I OFTEN suggest to NOT get involved with co workers. In the end if it doesnt work out.. YOU are still stuck there seeing them. Really awkward!

Archived