Im so confused by this girl

you

So i started talking to this girl about 3 months ago and l like her and she likes me. this girl came out of a bad relationship where the guy cheated on her so now she is afraid to go into something, and she tells me she wants all these things from our relationship and that she wants to go out with me but she doesnt want them right now. i however want this to happen really badly but i dont want to wait for some magical unknown moment which could be far down the line. i feel like we are stuck in this in between state of dating and being best friends but i cant just be friends with her. I just dont know what i could say or do to get this girl to want these things or know a definite yes or no. any advice would be greatly appreciated.

You, it sounds like you have to communicate with this girl and let her know how you're feeling; otherwise, you'll just find yourself playing a guessing game (which is what you're doing now). Be upfront. Tell her that you care about her and that you want more than a friendship. If she reciprocates, great! If not, and she wants to remain friends, you'll have to decide whether or not could you can tolerate only being friends. I wish I could tell you that there was something that can be done to make her feel the same way as you, and to ensure that she would want more than a friendship, but unfortunately, this is out of your control. You can't control her feelings. Good luck!

She knows i care about her and want be with her and she says she wants the same thing just not right now because she is hesitant. what i was asking was what could i do to make her feel less hesitant about trying a relationship. But thank you for the reply.

I see. Well, have you asked her if there's anything you can do to make her feel less hesitant about taking things to the next level (and past the friendship stage)? If she can fill you in on what you can do, or what you can both do together, to help her take that next step, great! If she still tells you that she isn't ready, the ball is then in your court to decide whether to stay with her (and be her friend) or walk away (because you can't just be her friend). This is a tough call, but again, you can't control how she feels.

Archived