Confused today..please help

mia74

If anyone read my previous post you would see that I thought my boyfriend broke up with me but not sure. You see we argued, he asked me to leave him be. Then we talked and he seemed to want to break up but never really came out and said it. He called me late that night and i didnt answer since I had to try to get some sleep after being upset. I gave it some time and then sent him a email telling him I loved him and was sorry for my part of things and I didnt want to lose him.

I broke down and called him. He answered and we talked and I asked him if he got my email. He said he didnt know I had sent one(he doesnt check personal email often..never has). So we talked a few and then I told him I would let him go to enjoy his weekend. I went about my weekend still wondering but didnt know if asking would just push him away further if that isnt what he wants. Should I just assume the worst and leave him be? All this is over a little of a week period and last contact was this weekend. I went to a restaurant alone today that reminded me of one him and I frequented. I wanted to tell him about it but I didnt. I want to know what the deal is with us. Are we together but giving each other space or broken up? Part of me thinks the email left the ball in his court and he can reply or not. I dont want to push him away if he isnt out the door completely but I dont want to make the wrong move or lack of. HELP!!!!!

I've read your previous post...How long has it been since "NC"? Since you gave him his "time out" ? *I mean since your last post*

Sweety I know you love him but if it's been too long (like a month) please do yourself a favor and confront him. You must be agonizing I know he needs his time but you also can't be there just waiting forever...

If it's been a short period, wait a few more days. If not, go talk to him and ask "Are we done or not?". I know it's not that easy...I had to make the same call and didn't. I let her lead me around so please, don't do that to yourself.

Its been a week and a half since the "argument or deep discussion" and two days since I called him and let him know I sent him a email. I feel I should give it at least a few days after advising of the email.

So give him a few more days...Just don't give him a month or so. You're a human being to and you're as confused as he is.

Bad day today. I am really angry. I have stress from work and for some reason I am just made over everything. Just want to know whats up. I will give it a few days then I am just going to call and ask. Better then wondering I guess.

Bad day today. I am really angry. I have stress from work and for some reason I am just made over everything. Just want to know whats up. I will give it a few days then I am just going to call and ask. Better then wondering I guess.

Breath hun. Stay calm and don't do anything stupid...I know it's bad but you have to stay calm. We're here for you. I'm here for you. If you need to vent just come here

If you don't give him enough space right now, you could push him into telling you the breakup is permanent.

If that happens, you're going to have many, many more days like you did yesterday.... only there won't be the option to call him, because you'll be officially broken up. So your only option at that time will be to *accept it* and *move on*..... for good.

I really strongly urge you to NOT contact him. At all. For as long as he needs.

It's very likely this will turn into a real breakup.... but at least right now there's some ambiguity and you've got the possibility he'll decide to work things out with you. If you push and he bails, that option is gone.

Space.... give him space. Lots and lots of space. So much space that he forgets what your voice sounds like. So much space he starts to wonder if his phone is broken because he hasn't heard from you in so long.

Hang out with your friends. Hit the gym. Indulge yourself in ice cream and watching chick flicks and soaking in the bathtub. Try yoga and meditation. Do WHATEVER you have to do to NOT call him and push him into giving you a "yes" or "no" answer..... because if you do it's more likely than not to be "no."

Just saying.

Archived