Where did you unexpectedly meet?

savignon

I'm in one of those moods where I feel like "all the good ones are taken". My life is so routine and predictable and revolves around my daughter. I believe what "they" say ...that'll it'll happen when it's least expected. But I'm never anywhere I don't expect to be-haha.

So how/where did you meet the lid to your pot?? Hoping so "least expecting it" stories will lift the wet blanket I've thrown on myself. ;-)

A couple of them through a mutual friend, once on a local facebook group. Try some internet dating sites. I'm a nurse in labor and delivery and always ask the couples how they met and quite a few have met on dating sites. Good luck!

I met my fella at work on a 6 month long shop refitting expedition lol. We were both in relationships at the time, and made friends quickly and stayed mates for years. We didn't start dating till 8 years later when the world was tipped on it's axis for both of us! I was on the rocks with my bf at the time of four years, and he was on the rocks with his gf. She dumped him when his Dad got diagnosed with cancer (which he passed away from) as she was sleeping with someone from her work. My BF and I had a house together and were fighting non-stop. We sold the house and I moved out on my own, and a couple of months later we went on a date and the rest is history! We've now been together almost 6 years, engaged and bought our farm. Living the dream

My friend married her swing dance instructor, I met my husband at work -and then we reconnected years later for round 2 because he happened to call and say we should have lunch (platonically!), another friend met her husband in their building's laundry room on a rainy Valentine's Day.

I met a long term boyfriend when I had a disgustingly bad cold because my best friend asked me to have dinner with her college friend and his brother (because they were going to have dinner right near where I worked at the time) - no internet, no answering machines at the time so he -the brother- figured out where my office building was, what the name of the company was and called my office a few days later asking for me by my first name -since I'd had that awful cold and looked gross I totally forgot about him even though I thought he was cute when we met. He had to convince me and remind me that we'd met, then got me to go out on a first date. Our second date was Valentine's Day and he bought me my first ever dozen roses -I was 19! Very romantic and very persistent on his part. We dated for about a year.

In my driveway. He came over with a mutual friend to get tools from the garage. He was fresh out of a 4 year relationship...we flirted for 2 years...gave him a ride home fro a bar one night. We were with two different groups...he needed a ride. Invited me in for a drink. That was 4.5 years ago.

I met my (ex)wife in a night club of all places. I came out of the bathroom and saw my very drunken friend annoying two women. I went to pull him away. I started chatting with one. We were married about three years later. She joked that it was all a setup. Not a bad idea, but it wasn't.

I met my (ex)girlfriend at a free outdoor concert. I got there early so I could get in the front row(standing) to take photographs. When all of a sudden out of the corner of my eye I saw a large white Canon lens. I turned to see who was standing next to me. I fell for her at that minute. But I wasn't interested, so I ignored her. Long story. She started talking about photography etc. So we kind of chummed out taking photographs. I mentioned I had kids. She heard I was married, so when I asked her out she was confused. She said no. I was kind of bummed out as I watched her walk away and out of my life.

Then I was walking back to my car after the concert I noticed her walking ahead of me. So I figured I would at least walk with her up the road. By then she realized I may have kids and not be married. So when I stopped at my car she gave me her card and asked me to call her.

Nine months later I was madly in love. Wanted to marry her. But she was moving in an opposite direction. I joined this site about two weeks after the breakup. Gawd I miss that woman till this day.

Oh wait, we are supposed to be lifting your spirits I wouldn't change anything in the world because I was fortunate enough to have loved two wonderful women. And love is always out there waiting for us. We just need patience.

I met my ex through an Irish friend.

Am in similar position as you..my life revolving around my 2 daughters, taking small steps at dating...did the online thing for a bit, got my heart broken twice but don't regret joining...I considered online dating my training wheels.

I'm with Sportster - patience - love must be around SOME corner.

Good luck

My most unusual story is how I met my ex husband.

A friend of mine was a real fitness lunatic, she was into all kinds of sports and stuff. I'm the exact opposite. She kept pestering me for months to join her on a mountaineering excursion, she belonged to some club and she insisted I'd have fun.

Yeah, right! I was out of breath after about 10 minutes..LOL. Anyway, I decided to return to the meeting place (it was a nice cafe at the feet of the mountain). I waited for them all to get back for about 6 hours. When she did get back, she was with 2 guys..one of them was another guy from the club..and the other one was the later to be my now ex husband. Apparently, he was the other guy's friend and it was also his first time...after his friend had been trying to convince him for months!

Needless to say, we never went on another mountaineering excursion..lol

I met my boyfriend online through a mutual "friend". Back in those silly high school days. She was sort of my friend and she was stalking him because she is the sort of girl who chases anything with a penis. He blocked her on instant messaging and she wanted me to talk to him about it and gave me his screen name. I messaged him, just to humor her but he and I ended up becoming friends. It took over a year for us to meet in person but we were just friends.

So a number of years later, we started to date. I am in minimal contact with her but he won't talk to her at all, despite admitting that if he wasn't stalked, we wouldn't have met.

My first real bf saw me waiting for my next class (university). He went right after my friend and asked for my email. ( I didn't see it). She gave it and the next day I had a nice email from a strange cute guy. We dated for 3 years, until he moved away to Germany. We still are good friends.

My ex bf, I met the night I supposed to have a date with a guy, but he never called me. My sister was going to a dinner in a friends house and told me are you gonna stay at home waiting for this stupid guy to call you"?

I went with her and met my ex, but ironically, I spend the night talking to his friend (it was a going away party for this guy). But my ex didn't quit. As soon as this guy left the country he started to invite me to hang out. He was the love of my life, but again, he moved back to Italy.

I met my current bf online, after meeting a lot of weirdos and players, he is the frog that turned into a prince. (I hated our first date!). But I decided to give him a second chance ...

I met my now husband(fresh off the lot, 5 days new!) 6 years ago, online. I only messaged him as I truly thought he looked vaguely familiar from college years prior...turns out he wasn't, but we hit off immediately.

Congragulations FreedomRing

I met my husband on a tube station ... as I mentioned in another post I saw him every day for some time and eventually plucked up the courage to ask him out! We are no longer together though. Since then I've had 3 relationships and met them all online. I'm still recovering from my last break up so have no intention of doing the whole online dating thing for a while but although people diss it, it seems to have worked OK for me (or maybe not, depending on how you look at it - no regrets though so that is the main thing).

My ex sister-in-law met her husband by selling her sofa (couch). He came round to look at it and subsequently buy it and got a new wife thrown into the bargain!

I met my husband while on vacation.

I am from Canada and while I was at University, I met a girl who was originally from Glasgow and had come to Canada to study. She went back home at the end of the year and that summer I took a vacation to Scotland. The first night, I stopped in Glasgow and looked her up. She invited me out with her friends and my husband was good friends with her boyfriend.

He walked me home to my hostel and we kept in touch from there. After 3 years long distance, we are married and have been married for 4 year now.

Archived