Insane blind date

corvidae

I went on a blind date yesterday, and I thought it was quite pleasant even though the lady was perhaps a little withdrawn. Today I find out that she's been upset about something and has been sending 'evil texts' to the person that set it up??!

I don't know what she said, but I thought the date was pleasant, polite and generally fine. I mean we didn't argue or fight, I wasn't rude nor did I do anything that could be considered out of place. Are some people just secretly insane???

Has anyone else had anything like this?

Did you have any interest in seeing her again? How do you know they are "evil texts" when you "don't know what she said".

I understand wanting to possibly learn from something you possibly did, but if you did not feel like seeing her again, I recommend moving on from the situation.

I would not play games. Just tell the person that set you up that you had a pleasant date and are puzzled as to why she is sending "evil texts." When i went on a date once i called my friend who set it up a lot and told her all sorts of things and jumped to all sorts of conclusions because i was really nervous and thought I blew it. Who knows what she is really saying. The intermediary can be putting a spin on things....or not

I would contact the person who set you up to find out. Obviously, the woman said something to that person, and he or she SHOULD (if he or she is a real friend), tell you the truth if you ask.

I once went on a blind date with a friend of a friend, and it was pretty blah. I could tell from the moment he saw me he was disappointed. (Honestly, while he was decent looking, he had the personality of a rock, and no discernible sense of humor!) Neither one of us was interested at all (he said he'd be in touch and never was, which was OK with me because I had no interest in him either). Several weeks later, she asked me, via online chat (she lived in another state), "So, whatever happened with you and so-and-so"? Apparently, he hadn't contacted her at all since (this was weeks after he and I had met), and I told her, "Well...he said he'd be in touch, but I never heard from him." She was furious with him, but I immediately told her "No worries -- I wasn't counting on hearing from him." To this day, I think she probably exaggerated my appearance or something -- I think I'm reasonably attractive, but I am about 20 pounds overweight (and was even slightly more so at the time, I think), and I just have this feeling that she described me as much thinner and blonder than I actually was, and he was disappointed. No harm, no foul in this case, but in YOUR case -- yeah, I'd wanna know what inspired so much ire in this woman after what you've described as a decent blind date. Unless you were doing something really annoying or said something awful that you weren't aware of, she might be nuts. (I'm voting for nuts.)

Some people are just way too high-strung and they are often the ones who sort of look for and hope that someone will offend them. I've had it done to me where some online date decided I must be a b***buster since I wore cowboy boots to our date. Now mind you I wore a floral dress with it and the boots were those pretty cowgirl boots, but still that's the nasty text I got from him the next morning after an evening of him laughing and appearing to enjoy my company. Oh and we were at a country western bar, which is why I wore the boots to begin with. Next!

All you can do is tell your friend exactly what you told us and that you are clueless as to why she's offended. And then ask your friend to maybe not set you up with someone who has such a need to be a classless jerk about it. I mean, it's one thing if she were telling your friend things just didn't work out, but sending evil texts when you didn't do anything is just...well evil. And more than a little bit nutty too.

Eek! Paulette...really? You were at a country bar! And...dude can't tell the difference between *lady* cowboy boots and butt-kicking ones? I mean, it's not like you walked in with spurs on your boots and a lasso in your hand, chewing a wad of tobacco. Sheesh!

This kind of stuff makes me REALLY not want to date. Ever again.

I mean, it's not like you walked in with spurs on your boots and a lasso in your hand, chewing a wad of tobacco. Sheesh!

(Laughs) Fortunately he never got to see me when I am actually out on the ranch working. I do wear my snake-proof boots and yes, I totally cowboy it out then. Being a real cowboy or cowgirl such as it were complete with rope and hat and steel-toed boots. He wouldn't probably peed himself if I'd shown up being the "real" me. I was actually very happy that happened though so I didn't waste any time.

On the other hand I met one of my best girlfriends that same night who was the bar, saw my boots and wanted to know where I got them. We swapped emails and when I told her what'd happened with the guy I'd been with she invited me out to have coffee and tell her the story. We bonded, so in the end his loss was definitely my gain. Dating is always a crapshoot, the trick is to enjoy even the bad ones because they make for some seriously great storytelling ones. And then there are the good ones that make you glad to be a member of the opposite sex, so keep going out.

Archived