Tips on finding new people

ATO123

Okay, so since I broke up from with my boyfriend a while back, I've been wanting to meet new people. I'm at the part where I'm moving on, slowly but surely and I just KNOW that if I find someone who I can spend a lot of time with, it would help me move on. I'd love to have that one guy FRIEND that you can speak to and go out together, simply as FRIENDS. I'm not particularly shy. I live in a small town and there just isn't anyone here.

I just need some advice on what to do, or how I could come into contact with someone. Some ideas would help! What do I do?

Most guys aren't looking to be your "girlfriend" who hangs out with you all the time and listens to you talk about other guys. Just do what you normally do and see if you make any friends naturally... Work, gym, school, through other friends. Looking for someone to spend time with to forget about your ex is using someone. But there's no reason you can't make new friends who you have a genuine connection with.

Get involved in clubs or groups that do what you wnat to do. There's bowling leagues, kickball, soccer, baseball, etc. There's book clubs, movies groups, poetry nights, open mic nights, etc.

Just focus on your own interests and meet people through that. Don't focus on befriending males because that may depict you as someone that is trying to hook up. Focus on meeting people, not men.

Archived