I was in a 2.5 year relationship and he was very emotionally and verbally abusive and on a few occasions physically abusive. We split up for good April 20th 2013. And on May 17th he was in a new realtionship already. And it has left me broken. I tried at first to contact him and then he got very combative with me and I ended up getting a protection order against him. But for some reason it will hurts to know I was replaced so quickly. I did start seeing someone new myself a few months ago, but I feel like my feelings are limited and reserved. I have no one to talk to about this because my family would all think I'm crazy for missing him. He was horrible to me and my kids (that aren't his) I just don't know how to let go...

Well good riddance you got rid of him, however you invested a lot of emotions in him, and you might think that by getting replaced that quick, something was wrong with you. However you got the order wrong. That he moves on to another girl so quick says more about him then about you.

You are loyal, dedicated and invest your precious emotions in your loved ones, he is an abuser, you are wrong by being suprised that he jumps to someone else to abuse so quickly, don't you see for him woman are just tools of abuse, get rid of one, grab another one. That doesn't mean his action is good, or justified in any way.

You just want to go back to him because you have no one to turn to, but look, just hang around on e-notalone for as long as needed to get the REAL support that you need.

Look, i advice you to do the same, replace him for someone better, but not out of spite. Go into a relationship when you are 'ready' for it. And devote your emotions to someone who is worth it.

There's no quick fix for the pain you are experiencing, but you should keep in mind that there are plenty of us on ENA that have gone through similar situations and we will not hesitate to listen and understand.

When my breakup was fresh, and especially when I found out she started dating someone else, I was completely in shock. I frequented this site, sometimes staying on it for upwards of six hours a day. It really helped me to know that there were other people out there.

As far as the pain you just have to try to keep yourself distracted and let time do its thing. Remember not to try to shut down all the terrible emotions; you need to feel each one of them and get through it. Think of it like climbing a ladder with obstacles. You can't skip steps.

Post here as often as you need.

Archived