Open Club  ·  45 members

Off Topic

How did you come up with your username ?

pippy longstocking

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mine is uber-boring: I have brown eyes. And, a former boyfriend used to sing that Van Morrison song, "Brown Eyed Girl" to me, and he taped it for me on a mix tape when we were in high school (it was the 80's, hence the mix tape). And, I was 36(!) when I joined the site. I am now 43(!) Time flies...

aw! My husband sent me a video of that song when we started dating, and it still remains one of 'our' songs.

Pride and Prejudice is one of my favorite books. Some might think I named myself after Mr. Darcy's little sister. Actually, I named myself after Elizabeth Bennet, after she and Mr. Darcy married. I kept is "Ms" Darcy because I suspect that if she were a real person and alive today, she would kinda like "Ms" over "Mrs."

Haha! To think I actually thought your name was Darcy!

My initials are JD. MC is a celebrity crush I had for many years when I was younger...Mariah Carey (yeah I know...very lame).

hahah well for some reason I call you "micheal jackson for ever" ...I am afraid that is what it is now .

thor I guessed was "thor" ... and petite I did wonder if she was 7 ft 5 or something and was been ironic hahaha ...I ought to stop guessing hey

I wanted to change my name, but i sometimes get posters from 2 years ago pop up and ask me how i have been, and they update me on their life- so i decided to keep this stupid characters name.

thats the thing isn't it , when you have been here a while , and people want find you , all we have is our names to go by so it is pointless changing it , I agree with you .

hahah well for some reason I call you "micheal jackson for ever" ...I am afraid that is what it is now .

thor I guessed was "thor" ... and petite I did wonder if she was 7 ft 5 or something and was been ironic hahaha ...I ought to stop guessing hey

haha I had the same with the Michael Jackson for ever....weird!

my name is from a series a while ago called Witchblade, the female lead was called Sara Pezzini and I always liked the name....

there have been many here who asked or assumed I was from Italy because of that name! LOL....

haha I had the same with the Michael Jackson for ever....weird!

my name is from a series a while ago called Witchblade, the female lead was called Sara Pezzini and I always liked the name....

there have been many here who asked or assumed I was from Italy because of that name! LOL....

hahaha oh I am so glad you said you had the michael jackson thing ..

you know I often wondered what yours was after .

I also am curious to know why the other fudgie is a fudgie , I will have to point her to this thread .

Thorshammer, I only associate that name with you, and it's strong sounding. It's funny how we have our own connections or pronunciation of names. For a long time I thought "dangles bang", too, for dangletsbang, and luminousone was "limousine-someting".

oh well I have always said danglesbat hahahahahahahahaahah oh it's all coming out now

and savignon is just sav ....

Well..have a guess about mine 8) I was Quirky Girl when I first signed up but I had told my ex and then just shortened it. Which makes no sense, I should have changed it completely but felt attached to it. Still wish I was Quirky Girl or Quirky Woman or something.

well to us you're just quirky now so you couldnt change

however sav let us know if we need to call you voddy at any point hahahaha

if everyone of us changed our user names it would be chaos on here ...funny how much you associate posts to different people , you get to know their tone , their thoughts , their style ....or do I seriously need to get me a life hahahah

for example imagine me and lavender swapping user names and her name been next to one of my informative "go and chew your own nuts off" posts ..you would all think she had just snorted a line of the good stuff

Yes, a few of them actually call me thor, even on the phone.

Yeah even though I know your real name, I'm almost always tempted to refer to you as Thors! haha. Some people on here that I've spoken to in real life refer to me as MC, MCJ, or JD (they call me "JD" at work).

Archived