smk5300

My boyfriend and I were dating for over three years..I was dating him four months when I found out I was five months pregnant with my previous boyfriends baby...I wanted to breakup and he said he couldn't do that because he loves me and wanted to make it work(this was after only dating him 4 months) well we broke up after being together over three years because he was having money issues and he was there was proof of that and he said he's just been so stressed and needed time and needed to stay at home ( he didn't officially live with me but stayed with me a lot because I wanted him to.) After three years I couldn't imagine that he could just walk away when he has not only developed a bond with my daughter but is better to her than her own dad! Now he hasn't texted me but if he asked for space then I should give it to him right? I did text him after a week and a half just saying hey how are you doing and he texted back right away and we had a decent convo he acted normal and I had to ask for my apt key back which he kept because I am moving and he said no problem he would drop it off! Anyways need some advice as where to go from here. I love him and my daughter loves him and I rly do feel he needs some time but I do truly want to do whatever I have to to get him back and especially not drive him further away!

I am sorry to read that you are going through this. I can imagine how much pain you are in right now. I think your only option is to give him the space he is asking for - because if he is asking you for it, he clearly needs it. Do not reach out to him. Leave him be for a month. I know it will be hard but that is the only way he can feel a void. If you continue to reach out to him, he wont be able to feel what it is to be without you and miss you. I dont know the details of your relationship, but assuming you had a healthy relationship together, he may come back to you. But you absolutely need to leave him alone for a little while.

I agree with the previous poster. He wants to be alone to think things through and if you mess with that you will potentially send the message that you cannot live without him in your life which will add more pressure to him and/or are not doing well and this will set back the time he needs. You need to be the strongest you have ever been in your life right now and do NOT contact him. Let him miss you and realise that he is losing by walking out of your life by himself.

Archived