I eat, sleep and exercice but Im always tired

How low is your iron? If it is under 40 you will likely feel fatigued even if you are on pills. It can take up to a year or more to get your iron to the correct level. Hypothyroid will also cause fatigue until it is corrected, how long have you been on pills and was your level in the normal range last time you got checked?

I think that you should go for a 2nd, 3rd, 4th or nth opinion. Unfortunately, some doctors are pretty busy and don't bother to take enough tests to figure it out. If you are eating well (non-processed foods, fruits, veggies & protein), sleeping and exercising (with rest days) - personally, I wouldn't take "I don't know" as an answer.

Being tired like that can be indicative of a lot of different problems. I think it's important to know which one. Maybe one of your prescriptions aren't strong enough...

I know the feeling. I match your description well, other than the hypothyroidism and low hematocrit.

It could be a sleep disorder. For a long time I have been waking up early every morning to go to the bathroom. I thought I was waking up because I had to go, but I read that it could be that you wake up because you are not in a deep enough sleep. I also grind my teeth in my sleep which is actually considered a sleep disorder. There are a lot of different sleep disorders and you might not even know you have one.

Another possibility is that your circadian rhythm just doesn't match your lifestyle. Some people feel much better sleeping from midnight to 8am rather than 9pm-5am, for example. There is nothing much you can do for that if you can't adjust your schedule. This world was designed for early risers.

You could ask your doctor if you could undergo a sleep study.

Are you eating enough carbs and protein? What exactly do you do at the gym? Unless your workout is very light, I agree with Angler: almost every day is too often. Have you tried every other day?

I would suggest keeping a food journal, with what you eat and what time you eat it. There might be a blood sugar thing going on.

I've been taking pills ( on and off) since I was 11.. I am 21 now. According to my blood test taking pills make my iron just perfect

I've been taking my thyroid pills for 2 months now

I "almost" go to the gym every day an anyways my workouts aren't heavy. It's yoga , Pilates , flexibility and once in a while I go for a harder workout

I might have arthritis , that could have an influence on all of this ,but deep down I feel it's a lack of sleep. I need 10-11 hours /night , but I wake up everyday at 7 because I have morning classes

And yes. My vitamins seem to be very low too. My periods aren't heavy at all ( but used to be) since I take birth control pills. But I am 50 kg, 5"3 and... small boned. Basically I have a weak body

circadian rhythm just doesn't match your lifestyle. Some people feel much better sleeping from midnight to 8am rather than 9pm-5am, for example. There is nothing much you can do for that if you can't adjust your schedule. This world was designed for early risers.

I think that's it ...if I go to be at might and wake up at 9 is VERY different than if I go to bed at 10 and wake up at 7...

You might want to see a holistic practitioner or a naturopath. There are various reasons why a person can experience excessive tiredness and/or sluggishness. You might have food allergies, or a blood-sugar problem, or a weight-problem, or adrenal fatigue, or you could be dehydrated... often, what people see as a healthy balanced diet is in fact a diet that is not suited to their body-type. A naturopath will help you figure out what's wrong, and help you correct it naturally and gently. Iron supplements are ok for a short period of time, but it isn't recommended to take them long-term (they're full of chemicals), and thyroid function can be reversed thanks to diet and lifestyle changes.

I think that's it ...if I go to be at might and wake up at 9 is VERY different than if I go to bed at 10 and wake up at 7...

I guess it isn't true that there is nothing you can do about it. Some people have used melatonin to help change their body's circadian rhythm, or internal clock. Melatonin is a hormone made in your brain that regulates your circadian rhythm. It is also available in a pill and I'm pretty sure it is over the counter. However, if you do this I highly highly recommend asking your doctor to help you. Some people take melatonin every night like it is a sleeping pill. It isn't. It isn't meant to be taken long-term. Taking a certain amount for a certain period of time at a certain time of day could help you to adjust your internal clock. But I don't know how much, how long or at what time so ask your doctor!

How will a naturopath help me exactly ..?

I'm a bit against taking pills , but yes I heard about melatonin and I heard it works!

If I feel pain in my body I usually wait a few days before going back. So yes, I totally agree that body needs to rest after a workout.

If your periods were heavy, the bc pills could be artificially masking a uterine fibroid issue.

It's very common for women to develop a fibroid that remains unobtrusive with no symptoms over the course of her life. However, a zero-problem fibroid can suddenly become a problem that sucks your life-force.

By problem, I'm NOT suggesting a form of cancer. Fibroids are rarely dangerous or the cause of disease. They can, however, become too large or spongy for even a healthy system to support--so regular iron supplements can no longer compensate, and acute anemia forces a need for the fibroids to be removed or reduced.

They have new and excellent methods for doing this without reducing fertility, so if this is the case, don't panic--just research your alternatives, and you may need to increase your iron intake substantially to build your stores until this is addressed.

I hope you'll visit your gyn and let us know how you're doing.

Archived