Ex just touched base..does it mean anything?

Ex just touched base after 1.5 months..does it mean anything?

I had a trip to maui planned with my ex when we were together. We broke up in sept and I cancelled this flight.

After 1.5 months of no contact, my ex texted to tell me to cancel my flight or else I would have to absorb the cost, saying that it had not been cancelled yet when I had cancelled this ticket ages ago.

Why is he contacting me to tell me this? Why does he even care? Why is he reaching out after all this time?..is he looking for a reason to make contact and this is all he could come up weith or is this a legitimate concern for him?

Im not sure if I should respond to him.

what woudl I say?

is it worth it?

I was dumped and wanted to get back together..Im just trying to heal.

then keep on healing and let this go.

Double check with the airline that the ticket has in fact been cancelled. Better safe than sorry on that tip, but it doesnt' require you having to contact him.

Unless he's telling you that he's sorry, made a huge mistake and wants to get back together with you, then believe that it's over.

It just sounds like he's worried about being financially responsible for the ticket. In this case I'd say first check and make sure your cancellation was processed for the ticket, then respond back verifying that you did indeed cancel your ticket and sending him the proof--i.e. a verification number etc. I would not say anything else or read anything else into it, since there are a thousand other ways and reasons he could have contacted you if his intention was anything other than that.

Just make sure it's canceled and you have proof, so he can't try and leave you with a bill you don't have. Keep your proof on hand too.

then keep on healing and let this go.

Double check with the airline that the ticket has in fact been cancelled. Better safe than sorry on that tip, but it doesnt' require you having to contact him.

Unless he's telling you that he's sorry, made a huge mistake and wants to get back together with you, then believe that it's over.

do i text back and say thankyou? or do i ignore?

It just sounds like he's worried about being financially responsible for the ticket. In this case I'd say first check and make sure your cancellation was processed for the ticket, then respond back verifying that you did indeed cancel your ticket and sending him the proof--i.e. a verification number etc. I would not say anything else or read anything else into it, since there are a thousand other ways and reasons he could have contacted you if his intention was anything other than that.

Just make sure it's canceled and you have proof, so he can't try and leave you with a bill you don't have. Keep your proof on hand too.

I paid for the tickets. There woudl be no bill incurred on his end.

Im just trying to figure out if this is the reason why he is contacting me, warning me so i dont lose my money...or if hes trying to get the ball rolling a nd open up communication.

on one hand I want to say thanks very much. but on the other hand, i want him back and if I open the NC door on my end, i think its a slippery slope. worried I would start texting him about how I feel and that would mess up my progress.

I paid for the tickets. There woudl be no bill incurred on his end.

Im just trying to figure out if this is the reason why he is contacting me, warning me so i dont lose my money...or if hes trying to get the ball rolling a nd open up communication.

on one hand I want to say thanks very much. but on the other hand, i want him back and if I open the NC door on my end, i think its a slippery slope. worried I would start texting him about how I feel and that would mess up my progress.

Simply say - "Ive taken care of it, thanks" If he wants to continue conversation with you he will. But also be prepared for silence.

I agree with what has been said. I think he is concerned about you losing the money and that is mostly likely because he is feeling responsible for the flights being cancelled. However judging by the nature of the text it seems he was trying to keep it as short and to the point as possible. He has given you nothing to assume that it meant anything more or to even encourage further communication. Definitely check that you have cancelled the tickets though. Then carry on moving on.

He might have had genuine concern about you losing money, but that's not the same as caring enough to get back together.
To me it sounds like it's over but he's trying to not be a jerk.

@randy33,

if you do text back, something very terse. "got it, thanks" would be enough.

-nbr

so do i text back?

It isn't really necessary. If he had wanted to encourage further communication he would have asked how you were. He didn't even send you any well wishes so, on that note, I wouldn't bother but if you feel you must you could just say "Already cancelled, thanks" and leave it at that. At least that shows there is no bitterness on your part I guess.

do i text back and say thankyou? or do i ignore?

Ignore, but if you can't, just say "it's been handled".. and leave it like that. Don't throw him a lifeline with "thanks" because that can be construed as you trying to open up contact with him and he's given you absolutely no reason to believe this to be the case. "Thanks" would come into play if he tried to pretend that he was interested in how you're doing. He didn't ask that.

That's up to you. Its not that complicated that you need to have others tell you what's right and what's wrong.

Like I mentioned before, a simple "thanks its taken care of" works

I said “ got it. Thanks”

I know im over thinking this, but my emotions have been sensistive for the past two months and I don’t want to undo and progress I have mad ein the healing department.

He dumped me. I wanted to get back together. Weird place to be in. so im sure you can imagine how I would want to say or not say the right thing.

He dumped me. I wanted to get back together. Weird place to be in. so im sure you can imagine how I would want to say or not say the right thing.

And you realize you don't want him now?

Took me a lot longer than two months to get there with my ex, but now I'm done done. Couldn't be happier about nearly everything.

-nbr

And you realize you don't want him now?

Took me a lot longer than two months to get there with my ex, but now I'm done done. Couldn't be happier about nearly everything.

-nbr

no I totally want him now.

I want to get back together and work on things. but i dont think he does..im sure he doesnt as he has given me no indication of that..so i go silent..and maintain NC to try and heal..even tho I think about him everyday and miss him a ton

no I totally want him now.

I want to get back together and work on things. but i dont think he does..im sure he doesnt as he has given me no indication of that..so i go silent..and maintain NC to try and heal..even tho I think about him everyday and miss him a ton

Its OK to miss people. I miss exes from my past. Things we did, things we had in common etc, but you have to make peace that the relationship is over and move on.

Time, a positive attitude, and LOTS of hope for the future. Have you had your heart broken before? If you have, then you know that one day you will be healed. I wish it was faster, but its' not. Just know that there are other good men out there, and that you deserve one. And then you will wonder why you wanted this one back.

how does one do that?

Archived