it feels like I'm the last thing on his mind

kh7905

My husband and I have been married for over 8 years and we have 3 beautiful little boys. Just recently, right before our 3rd son was born, my husband had to take a job away from home. My parents live out of state and all my close friends live far away also. It's Just me and the boys (all under 4yrs) I am very stressed out and I miss my husband terribly and the best part of my day is our phone call in the evening. I usually text him through out the day but don't always get a response since he is working and I am completely fine with this. I don't expect him to answer me if he is working. I tell him every thing we do but I don't expect every little detail from him about what he is doing, but if he is traveling I like him to at least text and let me know he made it safely or if he is going out to let me know so I'm not waiting around all night for his call and end up calling him in a bad mood when he is out with his buddies. We usually just end up fighting on the phone cause I'm stressed and feel like he puts everything else before me and he calls me impatient that that I worry to much. Like the other night we were talking and his boss called. He tried to switch the call over but it didn't go so I told him to hang up, thinking he would call back in a few minutes. Well after an hour goes by I called him back and find out he was playing a stupid video game. All he had to do was text me goodnight after his phone call and everything would have been fine. Instead we end up arguing and he throws out crap like "fine, I'll call you every time I do anything, will that make you happy". That's not what I'm asking for. I'm worried that I am depressed and he doesn't help things by making me feel like I am Last on his mind. It feels like he doesn't miss me at all. Am I really just overreacting?

No you are not overreacting, its your husband responsibilty that he should call u understands u and make u feel comfortable. whenever he has time he should talk to u..I think should talk to him and tell him everything, what u going through and tell him that how much u care for him..otherwise u feel more depressed.

I think your biggest problem is that you are stressed, both of you, so talking over the phone leads to fighting almost every time, because we people are strange like that - we put our problems to those we love the most. When I don't see my BF due to his night shifts - we fight over the phone or internet more often. When he has day shifts - we are happy)

Make a rule - never call him when you are in the bad mood, never! Take care of yourself, your kids and your depression. Stop putting him in the center of your life - that way you will always feel hurt and like he doesn't care. He does, he also has a lot to do, men are just less emotional and they are less used to crying to us like we do to them. I do the same all the time, and with time I noticed that it only does harm to our love. If you feel stressed - talk to your mom, dad, friends, sisters and so on. Calling him and getting pissed because he plays a game while you are depressed wont make you feel better. Good luck!

Archived