My Dog died today in my arms

sadchick83

Well, no. I took it harder than the death of my grandmother. You are right.. they are part of your everyday life.

I did, too. My grandmother died about three months before my cat did, and I took my cat's death harder. Not that I didn't love my grandma -- I did -- but I was more prepared for her death, I think (she was 95!) and I didn't spend every day with her like I did my cat, so there was a huge void in my life when I would come home every day and my cat was not there to greet me. Even though they aren't people, they ARE really special, and they add so much to our lives.

Thanks for the thoughtful post, browneyed. Im still very sad at times. I feel a little peace, because I believe in the "rainbow bridge as well." Two and a half weeks have past now. I'm getting used to the missing dog bed in my room, and feel the same as you in that I hope my little guy is frolicking and not having to be taken around in his dog stroller. It struck me the other day I had my dog at the beginning of a old relationship that seemed so long ago. Im feeling a little better this week and I actually feel like I am betraying him for feeling better.

I shouldn't really be feeling better after only 2 1/2 weeks. Anyone else feel a little better and feel guilty for doing so?

Archived