Journals

My Life- Thoughts and Happenings

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Doctor visit today. Numbers were good. He is waiting on some of the longer blood test results, but he was pleased. Fluid seems to be gone from my lung and abdomen. Bones are healing. Kidney seems

We celebrated my mom’s 100th birthday this week! We had a family Zoom party for her, and she actually seemed to smile and respond! Since she is in a memory care center, she cannot yet receive visitors

Haven’t made split pea in years. Unless you use a crockpot, you have to stir it constantly to keep it from sticking. But - yumm! Maybe that will be my next project. I must be feeling a lot better

My older son is going to get an apartment with a friend. His friend is coming into town tomorrow and they will do some apartment hunting. His friend is going to stay with us while he is in town. Once they find a place then he will go home to get his stuff. I guess he lives a few hours away.

I got my test results on the BRCA1 and BRCA2. Negative for both, so that is great news. I have 2 sisters and 3 nieces, so I will share that with them.

Busy day at work and at home. Painters were here doing outside trim, younger son stopped in for dinner, older son came home with his new housemate, who will be staying here for a few nights while they look for an apartment.

Oh, and my father in law came by to trade dining room tables with me. The one I had was a family heirloom (on my ex's side). It was made of heavy oak, so it was extremely difficult to move. It was so cumbersome.

Anyhow, my in laws are selling their house, so they gave me their other table and they will put the other one in storage.I'm happy with that! My room looks so much better!

They are giving my younger son their piano, which my mother in law had bought new about 15 years ago. So now I have to get rid of the old clunker piano we have had for 6 years.

Yes they are, Vic. It is a test that looks for a few different gene mutations that are known to be associated with a higher risk of breast and ovarian cancer.

It is good to have the information. In my case, my oncologist wanted to know the info so he and I could make decisions for the future. Such as: ovary removal, mastectomy on the other side, and whether or not to continue the medication.

I really love my job. I am being challenged by some of the responsibilities, but next year I will have had some experience under my belt.

The testing is done so now I can begin to concentrate on working with the kids. Yay!

The staff is collaborating with me so I feel that people are giving me respect for my knowledge. I love the new staff this year, and I feel that the school made the best choices in who they hired. Our little school is only going to get better.

Just got my 2nd paycheck yesterday. Life is good.

Ugh. I had a slight cold last week but was almost over it, and then I got a whopper head cold this weekend. Blech.

Older son moved out last night. My ex came and helped him and we bribed my younger son and his friends to help with part of it. My nose was like a faucet so I was miserable. But my help was needed.

He was supposed to gather a moving team on his own and he assured me he had friends lined up to help. But he didn't confirm a time with them and by the time he needed their help they were not around. And so it fell on the shoulders of his family.

He still has some growing up to do.

It occurred to me that I needed to be more specific in guiding my son through the move. Next time I will have him commit to a time, and have his friends do so too. I am also going to make him come back to clean the room he just left, so he learns what you do when you move out.