Open Club  ·  24 members  ·  Free

Journals

My Life- Thoughts and Happenings

13 hours ago, luminousone said:

Sore arm for a few days, and fatigue for the week.

My boyfriend's stepmom actually got pretty sick. 104 fever. It actually spiked from 101.4 to 104 after she took Tylenol. But it went down right after that. They live in a retirement community with a nurse on call, so the medical staff was ready in case the fever persisted. But it didn't. His dad didn't have any side effects. 

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Doctor visit today. Numbers were good. He is waiting on some of the longer blood test results, but he was pleased. Fluid seems to be gone from my lung and abdomen. Bones are healing. Kidney seems

We celebrated my mom’s 100th birthday this week! We had a family Zoom party for her, and she actually seemed to smile and respond! Since she is in a memory care center, she cannot yet receive visitors

Oh my goodness- My youngest son dropped by to bring gifts and to pick things up. We wore masks, but he did come inside. He needed to gather things from his room. (He has been staying at his dad’s

On 2/8/2021 at 4:09 AM, Jibralta said:

My boyfriend's stepmom actually got pretty sick. 104 fever. It actually spiked from 101.4 to 104 after she took Tylenol. But it went down right after that. They live in a retirement community with a nurse on call, so the medical staff was ready in case the fever persisted. But it didn't. His dad didn't have any side effects. 

Yes- my coworker did too! Her mom and dad (health professionals) think that it meant that she had had a mild case of COVID at some point, so her body reacted strongly to the first dose. More like you would expect with the second dose. She is fine now - just took a few days. 

I hope to either have light duty in the days after my second dose - or have it done just before the weekend.

Also, our work said staff should try to stagger the second dose so we are not all sick at once. Haha!

We celebrated my mom’s 100th birthday this week! We had a family Zoom party for her, and she actually seemed to smile and respond! Since she is in a memory care center, she cannot yet receive visitors. But once my brother gets vaccinated, I think they will allow him to go. My mom and staff have had both doses now.

• Like 2

I forgot to say about an email I got from a guy at our church. He is very thoughtful, and full of prayers for all. So somehow, when my mother in law passed away a few weeks ago, he thought it was my mother. So he sent me an email to express his deep condolences. I thanked him, but let him know that she was my former MIL, but that I loved her and will miss her. 

And then you could tell that he was embarrassed and he said “I’m so sorry! I stand corrected”. And then a few minutes later he said, “I’m so sorry about your divorce”. At that point I decided not to let him know that it has been 11 years. I simply replied “No worries! I loved her and she will be missed.” And then just let it go... I think the poor guy was so worried that he said the wrong thing...

2 minutes ago, luminousone said:

I think the poor guy was so worried that he said the wrong thing...

Aw. 

2 minutes ago, luminousone said:

At that point I decided not to let him know that it has been 11 years. I simply replied “No worries! I loved her and she will be missed.” And then just let it go...

I think that's often best when you're dealing with someone who may be a little anxious.

On 2/13/2021 at 3:58 PM, Jibralta said:

Aw. 

I think that's often best when you're dealing with someone who may be a little anxious.

Yes, I believe you are right on that. 
And maybe it is terrible of me, but I was amused by the whole email exchange (not to him, of course! I would not want to hurt his feelings!) The poor guy. He really tries to be so thoughtful to everyone.

Just now, luminousone said:

Yes, I believe you are right on that. 
And maybe it is terrible of me, but I was amused by the whole email exchange (not to him, of course! I would not want to hurt his feelings!) The poor guy. He really tries to be so thoughtful to everyone.

I would like to think that my MIL would have been amused by the exchange too. She had a good sense of humor.

7 hours ago, luminousone said:

And maybe it is terrible of me, but I was amused by the whole email exchange (not to him, of course! I would not want to hurt his feelings!)

Nah, it's amusing. You're not hurting anyone.

It's nice that he cares. A lot of people don't.

It occurred to me that Valentines Day came and went without fanfare for me this year. No special person in my life and honestly, being sick consumed this year. 

I usually send a text to my sons, and wear red or pink to work. But it wasn’t a school day and really I forgot.

My younger son called that day - he usually calls on Monday nights but called a day early. But neither of us mentioned anything about Valentines.

I had gotten on to my email to take care of something and there was an email from my ex, asking for some forms for taxes. It was late and I ignored it until the next day.

And so a few days later I was talking with a friend and mentioned that he was already starting (our business) taxes, and it dawned on me that he was working on taxes on Valentines Day! Sheesh!

I went back and looked, and sure enough, the first email was sent at 7 pm and the second one at 11:30 that night.

I guess he hasn’t changed much. He never did put in much romantic effort once we were married, but I just figured he regretted getting married.

He has been with his girlfriend for about 10 years. She is actually pretty sweet. She deserves better than that. (I did too.)

6 hours ago, luminousone said:

He never did put in much romantic effort once we were married, but I just figured he regretted getting married.

Oh, how dismal 👎 boo.