why do men prefer brainless beauties more than brainy gals ?

sunehaa

now coming to my topic...

what i want is ...recognition n appreciation of one's personality , knowledge n intellect should matter more than just the outer 'looks'.

i want the same in my case ...but the biased attitude of the guys around me has disappointed me !

A beauty queen w/ limited IQ or a genius who is very obese really aren't going to attract anyone, there's a combination of both that's needed.

Personally, I prefer someone with the "girl next door" look, an above average brain that's preferably a tad more street smart than book smart and full of common sense. No, I still haven't found her...

Really, you have to have controls on the question

Let's say two attractive women one who is smart, and one who is not so smart.

There are quite a few reasons as to this:

It can be taken as a smarter individual will definitely analyse situations more thus making relationships more complex then need be.

Also, which albeit is not necessarily true but added in the sense as most people who would post in a forum, or in general i could make the statement or assumption that the higher the IQ the less the people skills albeit it may not always be true, but in many senses it could be.

I am just trying to allude to the fact that: You can not make this assumption.

For example "Mike"

May really want to go out with Jill (fictitious smart woman)

but Jill seemed unavailable (or unattainable) so he went out with "Kim" (Dumber fictitious woman)

Things worked out well with Kim, Mike forgot (or maybe still wishes to be with the unattainable Jill)

Comprende?

The same goes for many women. Some women go for looks first. I dont personally. Of coarse I have to find them attractive, but if they arent real bright, forget about it. I was suprized to learn my boyfriend once dated someone just for her looks. I think alot of people might have mistakenly done this; but I dont think that kind of relationships works. I think you have to be somewhat compatible as far as how you think.

I completely disagree that articulate women - or smart women - intimidate men. Arrogant or condescending people can be intimidating or annoying - nothing to do with being articulate or intelligent. Articulate women have the opportunity to do even better at establishing rapport with who they are speaking with - whether that person is intelligent, not so bright, confident or otherwise. If an articulate person is intimidating that means to me that that person is not using their verbal abilities to play nicely with others in the sandbox but rather just to hear themselves speak. Or on the other hand it means the listener is very insecure and that is not the articulate person's fault, either.

I disagree with all of that. Some men like smart women, some men don't. Also, I know plenty of examples of men who are 'too smart'.

I'm highly educated (not trying to blow my own trumpet, but I am) and that essentially means a lot of women from less academic backgrounds simply live in a different world from me, and rule me out as standard.

Physical attractiveness is important, but it's also the thing that everyone can see. You can't 'see' intelligence from accross a room, so it's the attractiveness people go for initially. BUT if they then find the person isn't compatible in terms of intellect or personality, most men would back off. This is how it works in my experience and in the circles I move in.

this is a welknown fact that good looks of a gal does matter to all guys, no matter even if that beauty is bit stupid ...but why so ? r they afraid of tackeling intelligent girls ? why r they hasitant in going out with an ordinary looking gal ? in the bewildering situations of practical life ...does a goodlooking gf helps more than an intelligent female friend?

hey buddy ,plzz ....help me out in clarifying these doubts...

I completely disagree that articulate women - or smart women - intimidate men. Arrogant or condescending people can be intimidating or annoying - nothing to do with being articulate or intelligent. Articulate women have the opportunity to do even better at establishing rapport with who they are speaking with - whether that person is intelligent, not so bright, confident or otherwise. If an articulate person is intimidating that means to me that that person is not using their verbal abilities to play nicely with others in the sandbox but rather just to hear themselves speak. Or on the other hand it means the listener is very insecure and that is not the articulate person's fault, either.

Very true! An articulate yet condescending person is VERY unatractive. So if they feel intimidating, your probably better off not approaching them anyway. An intelligent considerate person? Now thats attractive, and approachable!

The guys that are into women that look "hot" but are "ditsy", aren't worth your time. It obviously shows how shallow these guys are.

I've talked to guys that seem to say it turns them on when a girl isn't that smart, but really hot. I just never understood it, personally.

Then again, I think it's that those guys that're so shallow that they just want to have sex, and these girls are the easiest to take advantage of. They're for guys that aren't serious about a personal relationship. If you are serious about a relationship, then don't bother worrying about these types of guys.

Not all guys are like this! Keep looking, stop worrying.