The Only "Friendzone" thread that needs to exist!!!

Slimpee

Guys regularly post about the friendzone; How they got there, how to get out, how much it sucks, etc.

link removed explains it perfectly. Specifically, it discusses how/why guys end up in the friendzone.

link removed Here's a sample quote:

The truth is that women don’t really put dudes in the “friendzone.” Men put themselves there, by hiding what they really want. So many of the guys who complain about being “friendzoned” say things like, “I guess I should be an a$$hole” (it’s all over the profiles of the Nice Guys of OKCupid). But the traits that attract women to guys they think are a$$holess – namely, honesty and confidence – are good things. If being “nice” involves being indirect and timid, then there are better things to be.

Ultimately, being good is more important than being nice. A guy who can’t be honest about what he wants from someone he’s spending time with falls short of both goals.

Don't be taking the above quote out of context, either. If you're going to reply, link removed

Yet again, another topic blaming everything on men.

Men have to worry about

-We mostly make the first move

-How and when to come onto a girl

-What we should say

-How to not look creepy

-What topics to talk about

-Good body language

-Even sometimes which words to use

The problem is women have TOO MANY OPTIONS. Only thing women worry about is looking cute. Most women don't do a damn thing to keep interactions going. ONE DAMN MISTAKE AND IT'S ALL OVER!

Whether or not the woman is attracted is separate from whether a guy befriends a woman he'd rather date but never states his true intentions.

As to your second point, it's not one mistake and over. For example, the last girl I dated told me (and anyone who would listen) that she didn't like me at first because I talked so loudly in the lobby of our school.

As to your second point, it's not one mistake and over. For example, the last girl I dated told me (and anyone who would listen) that she didn't like me at first because I talked so loudly in the lobby of our school.

So you changed the tone of your voice to make the entitled devil ***** happy?

I'm not playing this game with you.

I'll give you another example. I have a guy friend who is probably 5'2"-5'4" and has one of the worst cases of Napolean complex i've ever seen. He's quite obnoxious. He decided to pursue a woman who is wicked smart, a great student, nice, taller, slender, great body, and cute face. She's not the pick up at a bar type-of girl, but she's a great catch. At first, she wasn't having any of it but eventually she agreed to go out with him. They've been together ever since and will probably get married.

Had he thought like you, he NEVER would've gotten her. I'm not saying borderline stalk every woman you want to date, but i'm saying that you shouldn't let negativity infect your mind so that you strike out before you even try...

Lets try to steer the thread back towards the topic at hand...

The point is that women want men to be men and that means being honest about your intentions.

I'm as guilty as the next guy...something upon which i'm trying to improve

Guys regularly post about the friendzone; How they got there, how to get out, how much it sucks, etc.

link removed explains it perfectly. Specifically, it discusses how/why guys end up in the friendzone.

link removed Here's a sample quote:

Don't be taking the above quote out of context, either. If you're going to reply, link removed

link removed

This is my personal favorite. Not work or family safe. Some bad cuss words.

Too much time and effort is spent on this whole friend zone thing. It's simple. If you befriend a woman you want to date you're going to have a bad time.

Do guys hide their intentions or do they just want to spend a bit of time getting to know them without pursuing? (then maybe spending too much time, lol). Or do they just hesitate to pursue because they're not sure where the woman stands?

Do guys hide their intentions or do they just want to spend a bit of time getting to know them without pursuing? (then maybe spending too much time, lol). Or do they just hesitate to pursue because they're not sure where the woman stands?

I think it's often the latter or the fact that the guy himself may not be able to admit it to himself.

For me, attraction can definitely grow but if it does, i want to ask the girl out on a date, and/or tell her how I feel. It's too hard for me to be friends w/ a woman in whom im interested.

"Women want men to be men."

I agree not so much with the exact wording because off-topic gender roles, but with the underlying meaning. Be honest about your feelings and what you want. If you become a woman's friend, you will be treated like a friend. Because to her, you are a friend!

Archived