I'm feeling really old

So I am 22 and I guess the average person over 30 would say I am still a baby. But I am scared to death of getting older. I seriously wish I was 18 again. I don't know what is wrong with me. EVERY SINGLE day this is all I think about for the last few months. I'm a very dependent person, and I am not ready to get out in the world by myself. My mom sais she want's me out of the house in a year. I feel the older I get the less attractive I get as well. I dunno it just sucks getting older Does anyone else my age feel like this??

I totally relate with you, as I'm sure everyone does. I didn't start worrying about age until I was about 20...

When I was 22, I wished I was 18 also... now I'm 26 and I wish I was still your age! Have fun and live it up while it lasts, I still do

I totally relate with you, as I'm sure everyone does. I didn't start worrying about age until I was about 20...

When I was 22, I wished I was 18 also... now I'm 26 and I wish I was still your age! Have fun and live it up while it lasts, I still do

lol, 20 was the age I started to feel old..like ok I'm not a kid anymore..but ever since I turned 22 in june I've been really sad about getting older, it's all I think about

I remember when I turned 20 feeling really scared and thinking I'm half way tp 40. But as you get older you care less. WE live in a culture that celebrates youth for monetary gain, we will pay to recapture it because we never can. But being 20 was awful. As you get older you learn about yourself and the world gain, in experience and knowledge. I never want to be the person I was at 20 again. We get older, we get wiser. youth isn't that great. Think how you have felt so far in your life. Was it that fabolous. I didn't enjoy not having money or having to go to school or being afraid when my parents argued etcetc.

Are you afraid of death maybe? Youth doesn't protect you from that and I reckon if you live a long busy life you'll probably be ready for it. Snyway the alternative, eternal life sounds terrible.

I feel sad that your mother wants you out of the house. If that's the way she feels, then I'd go now if possible.

Don't worry! It gets so much better, I am 25 now, and love it, I love growing to know myself more, I love where I am at as I get older.

I look forward to what the future holds for me, I know there is some great stuff ahead.

Just embrace it, live it, love it!

I can't say I ever feel old. I don't like the whole age concept thing. I'm 34 but I look more like 24-28. When I go out with the 30 year olds they ask my why i'm hanging out with the old people. Here I am older then most of them.

I honestly forget I'm 34, I don't feel no different then when i was 18. However back at all you guys ages, I never really thought I would be in my 30's. I think it was when I hit my 30's I realized that I shouldn't be dating girls between 20-22 years old anymore.

My problem is I'm very immature for my age, women closer to my age don't want to deal with that.

DBL

I really understand where you are coming from. I started to worry about getting older at about 20.I'm 23 now, I am really scared of getting older, and of dying, and I know there is nothing you can do about it, as it is going to happen no matter what, and Ido try to enjoy the here and now, but I still worry about it all, and do wish I was still 18!

You can be 18 and die as easy as being 70 and dying. Death is going to happen. As you get older you accept that you will die. I asked my grandmother before they died if she was afraid. My grandmother said everyone dies why should I be afraid? I think my worst fear of dying is not being remembered.

There is no avoiding death, so don't even worry about it.

Im 20 in like 13 days and I know how you feel. I'm like "OMG I'm 20....." and when I lok back on the last 20 years and how quickly they went and what Ive done I sorta worry Im going to run out of time before I get a chance to do anything siginificant. I know, consciously, that it's stupid, but subconsciously I can't help it.

Im 22 and dont feel old, but what worries me is the fact that every year goes by faster and faster. When i think how fast the last 6 years have gone, the next 6 years will probably feel the equivalent of 3 years. I want to be married at 30, I only have 7 asnd a bit years to go, i best hurry up.

Im 22 and dont feel old, but what worries me is the fact that every year goes by faster and faster. When i think how fast the last 6 years have gone, the next 6 years will probably feel the equivalent of 3 years. I want to be married at 30, I only have 7 asnd a bit years to go, i best hurry up.

That is how I feel. It's not to much that I'm 22, it's the last few years FLEW. and before I know it I'll be 40 I dunno..It's scary!