Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Conflict and Contradiction

ApocalypseDreams

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I haven't really felt a part of this forum lately. I find there is a very heavy sway towards conservatism/americentrism here. Nothing wrong with either, I just wish it was a bit more balanced. People posting things about homelessness being a choice makes me not want to come here. Most homeless people I've met or had interactions with have mental illnesses and I'd like to think in the 21st century we are compassionate enough to realise that. I dunno, this place bums me out sometimes.

I have found this too. Especially with people blaming others for not having jobs, no matter what the circumstances. Or someone complains that they're stressed out at work, and the general response is suck it up, you have to do what the boss says no matter how it makes you feel because they're in charge, blah blah blah.. not much real sympathy.

• 9 months later...
I have found this too. Especially with people blaming others for not having jobs, no matter what the circumstances. Or someone complains that they're stressed out at work, and the general response is suck it up, you have to do what the boss says no matter how it makes you feel because they're in charge, blah blah blah.. not much real sympathy.

Thanks, Blueidealist. You're one of the goodies on this forum, imo. We haven't had much interaction between each other on this forum but I always enjoy your posts. You have a lot of compassion for others. I hope you don't ever lose that - we need more of it on this forum and out in the real world. .

• 6 months later...
Hey Jonty!!!! How are you??

Pretty good!

Took a hiatus from the forum and the internet in general. Started working out and eating really healthy. Cut out all processed foods and sugar! I feel the best physically I have felt in a long time! Work is going good also!

Now just have to sort out my dating life! lol

How have you been, Silverbirch?

Pretty good!

Took a hiatus from the forum and the internet in general. Started working out and eating really healthy. Cut out all processed foods and sugar! I feel the best physically I have felt in a long time! Work is going good also!

Now just have to sort out my dating life! lol

How have you been, Silverbirch?

Good to here you're working out and focusing on nutrition!

I don't know what it says about me, but I'm 28 and in far better shape now than when I was 21, which is weird to me. I wish I would have started working out as a teen like a lot of people.

Good to here you're working out and focusing on nutrition!

I don't know what it says about me, but I'm 28 and in far better shape now than when I was 21, which is weird to me. I wish I would have started working out as a teen like a lot of people.

Same here. I kinda wish I had started this when I was 21. I never realised how bad crap food made you feel until I cut it out completely.

Oh well. Better late than never!

Oh me too. My eating isn't always great, but I feel such a difference depending on what I eat. I practically NEVER have fast food. Always having my home prepared Birchen muesli and Greek style yoghurt in the fridge helps a lot - for breakfast or a snack. If I don't have time for breakfast, I take it to work with me.

• 2 weeks later...
Oh me too. My eating isn't always great, but I feel such a difference depending on what I eat. I practically NEVER have fast food. Always having my home prepared Birchen muesli and Greek style yoghurt in the fridge helps a lot - for breakfast or a snack. If I don't have time for breakfast, I take it to work with me.

I love Greek Yoghurt!

I bought a good quality blender a few months back. Best purchase I've made! I used to eat cereal but I find it makes me feel too "heavy", so now I have a smoothie every morning.

Ugh.

I blew it with the girl I am interested in. We had organized to get together, I didn't hear back from her for nearly a week and assumed she was flaking on me and called her out on it. Maybe she was flaking, but I got an angry message back basically saying that she's had some family problems.

I feel like dirt...

Frustrated, hurt and angry.

I don't want to get into the "who has it easier in dating" debate, cos quite frankly there are misogynistic undertones to almost every debate I've seen but...

I kinda feel as the guy (and having to take the active role to a woman's passive role in dating), it's a minefield of potential screw ups that I must navigate.

I dunno, I'm doing the best I can and it always just ends up in a mess.

Ugh.

I blew it with the girl I am interested in. We had organized to get together, I didn't hear back from her for nearly a week and assumed she was flaking on me and called her out on it. Maybe she was flaking, but I got an angry message back basically saying that she's had some family problems.

I feel like dirt...

I can see why you thought she was flaking, especially with so many flakes out there these days. I'm having a family issue right now (grandfather's death), and I'm half expecting guys I've been talking to to think the same thing. I guess all you can do is apologize sincerely.

I just sent an apology to her. I don't know if it was the right thing to do (probably the nice guy thing to do). She texted me back saying it's cool and asking if I want her to let me know when she has some free time.

I suppose I'll back off and just forget about her - I just don't know what to do anymore.

Sorry to hear about your grandfather's passing, BlueIdealist.

Well, I'm glad to hear that she's not really mad, anyhow. Maybe you should wait a couple or even a few weeks and then text her again. Thanks for the condolences.

I think I'll just let her go. Maybe she'll come back into my life sometime in the future, but probably not.

I kinda sick of having to let people go. It seems like the only choice I ever have lol.

I find this forum hard to relate to sometimes.

I always assumed that the US and Australia would be pretty similar countries, but I realise that there are HUGE differences in mindsets and attitudes. It isn't necessarily good or bad, it just is what it is. In some ways it is interesting. In others, it makes me want to bang my head against a wall. lol

I find this forum hard to relate to sometimes.

I always assumed that the US and Australia would be pretty similar countries, but I realise that there are HUGE differences in mindsets and attitudes. It isn't necessarily good or bad, it just is what it is. In some ways it is interesting. In others, it makes me want to bang my head against a wall. lol

Yeah, people from other countries really do have different attitudes. I know what you mean. And everybody has pre-conceived notions of other countries that aren't always correct.

Archived