I would like some female opinions on this

jul-els

There's a girl I've been working with for the past 6 months that I've had a big ol' crush on. I never made any moves though because we were co workers. We never got the chance to interact much outside of work related matters.

She got let go last week. It happened on Friday afternoon while I was out of the office. I came back and she was gone. Makes sense because she never seemed to me to be too focused on her work. Anyway, if I would have seen her before she left, I would have let her know that I was interested. Since that wasn't possible, I found her on facebook, created an account for myself and left her a message saying I was sorry about what happened and I also told her I would like to hang out sometime and asked for her number.

I was cleaning out her cubicle a couple days later and found she left some things behind. An expensive looking sweater and a book full of a lot of CD's. I took it upon myself to ship these to her and included a little note saying I thought she would want these things and telling her to check her facebook for a message I left for her.

She never really knew I was interested in her before this. It's a really weak way to show my interest as far as I'm concerned and not the way I would normally do it, but in this case I didn't have an option. I wanted to at least take a shot, however slim it might be instead of just letting it slip away without at least trying. What would you girls think of a guy who approached you in this way? You think I have any kind of shot? I'll find out soon enough, I just wondered what your opinions were.

It doesn't really matter how you approach it. She either likes you or she dont. Well done for asking though, just sit back and wait for the reply, you done everything you could without looking to needy. She may have preferred it to be done this way, if it was done face to face it may have proved awkward if her feelings were not the same! Good luck!

It doesn't really matter how you approach it. She either likes you or she dont. Well done for asking though, just sit back and wait for the reply, you done everything you could without looking to needy. She may have preferred it to be done this way, if it was done face to face it may have proved awkward if her feelings were not the same! Good luck!

Well, it would have been no big deal at that point because she would have just rode off into the sunset. I see your point though. Thanks for the encouragement.

Given the context (she being gone before you had a chance to say anything) I think you did really well, in your handling of it. If it were me, I'd definitely respond to the message you left, IF I was interested. Either way, I'd probably respond at the least to thank you for shipping my belongings. You've nicely tossed the ball into her court, now just hope for the best! Good luck

I think that it was admirable of you to return her stuff. Hopefully she gets it. I do think she might be conflicted - if she is hurting about being fired, she could not want anything to do with any coworker. But we'll see. I wouldn't be pushy. I would just see if she responds to you and give her time/space.

Given the context (she being gone before you had a chance to say anything) I think you did really well, in your handling of it. If it were me, I'd definitely respond to the message you left, IF I was interested. Either way, I'd probably respond at the least to thank you for shipping my belongings. You've nicely tossed the ball into her court, now just hope for the best! Good luck

Thanks!

I think that it was admirable of you to return her stuff. Hopefully she gets it. I do think she might be conflicted - if she is hurting about being fired, she could not want anything to do with any coworker. But we'll see. I wouldn't be pushy. I would just see if she responds to you and give her time/space.

Yeah, I considered that too, which is perfectly understandable. I'll see...

You did an awesome thing by returning her things and at the very least, she should have the decency to say thank you, even if she's not interested in taking it any further. Wait for her response and take it from there.

Thanks. Yeah, maybe me returning her things made her feel at least a little better. It would be nice if she sent at least a thank you but if not, that's fine too.

There's a girl I've been working with for the past 6 months that I've had a big ol' crush on. I never made any moves though because we were co workers. We never got the chance to interact much outside of work related matters.

I think this is the only thing that mattered. There doesn't seem to be any chemistry or sexual tension between the two of you. Sending a facebook message or getting a phone number isn't the goal. The goal is to attract and connect with a girl so that she is hoping that you ask her out. Facebook or a phone number is just a tool that can be used to set up a date.

Archived