Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Gratitude Journal

1) Changing my thoughts, observing and choosing, changes my perspective AND my experience of life

2) I am happy

3) This wonderful summer

4) Swimming nearly every day for 2 months, and I feel good

5) A visit from S, picnic and a moonrise swim

6) A visit from C, J, and E, hanging out and laughing

7) Avocados

8 ) My thermal coffee mug

9) A great night's sleep

10) Exploring dream meanings

11) The writings of Florence Scovel Shinn, Echart Tolle, Peace Pilgrim

12) Books

13) Audio books

14 ) My discman

15) This lovely morning

16) Being nearly pain free

17) Getting stronger

18 ) Gaining self-knowledge

19) M

20) I have work for this coming week

21) Cherry tomatoes

1) Growing up with dogs a part of the family

2) My last dog who showed me a new level of dog-connection

3) As an adult, having horses in my life

4) As an adult, having cats in my life

5) Cranberries

6) Cantelope

7) Happy mail in my mailbox

8 ) Smartwool socks

9) My favorite jeans

LOL JN, the cat and dog are curled up together beside me snoozing. I didn't grow up with any pets - my parents didn't like animals and I didn't get my first horse until I was in my 40's, but I don't think I could live without them. I always wanted pets while I was growing up.

Silver, that's wonderful that you're an animal person despite not being raised that way. I love having animals around. They add another dimension to life.

JN, I remember when I was in primary school and the stray dogs used to come to school, we used to share our icecreams with them

My son had a lot of different pets including mice and a rat. Once he brought some ducklings home which could not be returned. We lived in a small apartment and had to keep them in the bathroom until we could get them re-homed. We had to try and keep it a secret from the neighbours and landlord tool

JN, I remember when I was in primary school and the stray dogs used to come to school, we used to share our icecreams with them

My son had a lot of different pets including mice and a rat. Once he brought some ducklings home which could not be returned. We lived in a small apartment and had to keep them in the bathroom until we could get them re-homed. We had to try and keep it a secret from the neighbours and landlord tool

Ha, ducklings! They must've been pretty cute in the bathroom. Besides my dog while I was growing up, I had a slew of little critters, hamsters, gerbils, parakeets, salamanders, and turtles. What I REALLY wanted was to have a horse, and to live on a farm. I didn't and we didn't. I had a bicycle and all of the neighborhood dogs instead.

Ha, ducklings! They must've been pretty cute in the bathroom. Besides my dog while I was growing up, I had a slew of little critters, hamsters, gerbils, parakeets, salamanders, and turtles. What I REALLY wanted was to have a horse, and to live on a farm. I didn't and we didn't. I had a bicycle and all of the neighborhood dogs instead.

That must have been fun. A, my son really wanted a hamster and we were going to get him one. They aren't very common in Australia, and it's quite a bother to get one. He changed his mind about it. I remember when he was around 7, I loved that age, we had jars with tadpoles and insects from the garden. That was such a precious time. Did you do that with your boys?

That must have been fun. A, my son really wanted a hamster and we were going to get him one. They aren't very common in Australia, and it's quite a bother to get one. He changed his mind about it. I remember when he was around 7, I loved that age, we had jars with tadpoles and insects from the garden. That was such a precious time. Did you do that with your boys?

Yes, at different times we had a snake, a beautiful green frog, and a snapping turtle. We'd found them in our yard or in the fields nearby, but we didn't keep them long. They were good at getting out of their pen (or whatever it's called) and looked so sad in captivity. Plus the kids got tired of catching food for them.

Yes, at different times we had a snake, a beautiful green frog, and a snapping turtle. We'd found them in our yard or in the fields nearby, but we didn't keep them long. They were good at getting out of their pen (or whatever it's called) and looked so sad in captivity. Plus the kids got tired of catching food for them.

LOL, I remember finding flies in plastic wrap in the fridge freezer which my son had stashed away for one of the creatures in his care.

Thanks for your journal Journeynow! As a result of reading yours, I am doing gratitudes every day in my journal and it really helps! Kind of blocks out the complaints! I am grateful for your inspiration.

Aw, thanks LillyLooWho! Happy to hear, and you're right, it does block out the complaints. The complaints can still have their say, but just can't have a monopoly of our time!

1) Making these lists,

2) Noticing what's around me,

3) Realizing EVERYTHING and EVERYONE makes a difference in one way or another

4) I don't live alone on a barren rock of a planet. I'm here, and the things in my life are here because of this amazing earth and because of other people. People getting up in the morning, starting their day, "making a living", being cared for by others, interacting, from now back to the beginning of humanity. This life of mine is a result of so many things coming together at this moment. Grateful for that.