Fiance left me after 9 years - 8 together 1 engaged...

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Received this last friday from what seems to be her work email....

Hey

I found out the other day that you have a girlfriend. I am really happy for you, as are my parents. From the picture I came accross, she looks really amazing. I never told you that my Mom told me my Dad cried looking through old pictures of one of our family vacations with you (XXXXXX I think). I hate how our relationship ended, and that you won’t speak to me. I wish I could go back in time. I don’t think I will ever forgive myself. You’re still very much present in my heart and mind. Please please please let me know if you ever want to catch up. I would love to just talk to you again, even if just once.

lol, are you trolling us??? or did she really say this??? wait, I don't even remember why she broke up with you... what, 4 years ago??

lol, are you trolling us??? or did she really say this??? wait, I don't even remember why she broke up with you... what, 4 years ago??

My ex sent a note a couple of years ago saying he woke up from a terrible dream that I had died or a mutual friend that he had lost in the divorce, but I kept, died, and he MUST know if myself or the mutual friend is okay. Oh, and I am probably mentally ill and he hopes I get the help I need, but his friendship is there if I choose to have it. Oh, and he has some tropical fish that I would really like. Nope. I didn't answer. I don't think he has any possible way to contact me now - blocked on FB, doesn't know my email, my phone number, or where I live or even what state. Unless he low blows and sends a letter to my grandpa. Anyway, my point is if that is a true email - there are plenty of exes that throw breadcrumbs years later. They can't stand that they don't have you as a friend just like the rest of their harem or possee of exes.

Wow, its amazing to see how far you've come! I've always wondered if my ex would send something like this one day - she left under pretty awful circumstances as well. Not so far though, but thats okay. This coming weekend will be two years since she left (although 2 years NC won't be until new years day, as we tried to be friends until I found out the whole story!), but I'm glad she's not a part of my life anymore.

I just lost my grandmother today though, which has been hard. She was my rock. I've been travelling the world the last couple of years, but came home a few months ago to say goodbye. It was nice getting to see her before she passed, to tell her a bit about my adventures. But even in these hard times, I haven't missed Natalie. Maybe because I hardly remember her ever helping me when I was down - in fact she left when I was going through a hard time with work/friends. Always seemed to be the other way around until she found someone else to do that for her!

Anyway, bravo. I don't know what I would do if I ever got an email from her. I always told myself I would at least hear her out if she contacted me, but then I also said the same thing about contacting her after a year and felt no need too! Keep us updated

Haha no trolling here! 100% legit email with only me removing the vacation location. Why would I troll here?!

Left me to "find her self." Cancelled engagement etc.

I like to update this thread on my emails because really one of the best things got me during my dark times was reading the threads that spanned years.

I will not be answering her. I have a really great girlfriend for over a year now and would never do that to her. I can screenshot my Gmail if you think I'm lying!

Cooper,

I am so happy that you keep updating this thread. It's an inspiration to many people here, myself included!

I am very glad to see how far you have come since 2012!

WOW!!! That is pretty insane....stand your ground, that chapter has closed.

Wow. She now is getting her parents in on the deal. Her daddy cried!

Also, are you strong enough to read please x 3 and not break?

Yes -- talk to her just once so she knows she is in control. Because right now --- she is not.

Very happy for you Cooper.

Thanks everyone! It really shows the power of NC. I can't even remember how long its been, but its years of NC. Blocked everywhere, etc. Not sure if it's a case of wanting what she can't have now, or she learned her lesson, or GIGS or w.e. Not really for me to figure out. Stay strong, it will get better, 100%. Unfortunately due to the way she treated me, I will not be speaking with her again. I have standards.

My ex sent me a text last weekend that said, among other things, "I love you, and I hope to hear back from you".

He does this every time he gets in a fight with the girl he dumped me for.

Fortunately I have no feelings for him, so I just tell my best girlfriend and we have a big laugh at his expense.

Keep in mind he dumped me in 2009. But he hates to be alone, therefore he goes through his roster of exes every time he and his GF get in a fight (which is frequently).

He's stupid.

• 6 months later...

Got this gem recently. Enjoy. Keep moving forward.

Hey,

It's been almost exactly three years since you've spoken to me. It doesn't feel right. Can we at least have one final conversation? Not just leave off forever with out a goodbye? I know you've obviously moved on, but I still wish I could talk to you.

• 2 months later...

Cooper I wanted to thank-you for giving back the ENA community. Threads like this are powerful for those of us in earlier stages of healing. My ex wife broke my heart with the ILYBNILWY line about 6months ago. I feel we had something special like you did and our exs chose to give up without much fight. Her persistence to contact you years later is a testament to the depth of your previous relationship. I commend you for your strength and compassion for others here. I hope to be at a place of strength like you are one day if my ex wife tries to reconnect. I'm only a month of full NC in and it truly works wonders. Good luck with your life and give your new GF the depth of love/connection you are obviously capable of.

• 2 months later...

cooper... Wow... I wanted to say that me and you... are so much alike it is crazy. I don't know you as a person but our way of thinking is exactly the same it seems. I am only 4 months into my break up with my fiance/girlfriend of 7 years (same exact bull reasons, find herself, fell out of love, etc) but even before finding this thread I have also started a thread documenting my progress. I update it a little more frequently but I have been winding down as time has gone on and giving little updates here and there.

I LOVE this thread as I assume mine will go exactly the same. I have this good feeling if you chose to you would actually be able to reconcile with the ex and start something new. The fact you are in a much better place and no desire to just gives me, even more, hope in my situation. I am still in the phase of missing/wanting her back but also accepting it more and more. The only place our situation is different is my ex randomly reaches out to me desperately wanting to talk to me in email and text as well. They are the same as all of what you got in the beginning and only wanting to ease her guilt and even though I want to respond my logical side will not allow it as I was hurt before.

Thank you for updating this and I hope you continue to do it until you are successful and happily married Good on you cooper and I wish you complete happiness in your life.

• 6 months later...

To everyone that this has help, no worries! That was my intention when I had it moved into this section of the site. Man when this first went down years ago I was devastated. I honestly thought my life was over. I was so lost. Honestly and as cliche as it may sound, it was THE BEST THING that has ever happened to me. I got to grow, I got to matured. I lived in several major cities, traveled to various countries - it's been fantastic.

I write this as my fiancee is flying back home from a business trip. Yes. My Fiancee. I am engaged to the girl I mentioned a few years back that I started seeing. She is amazing. A beautiful intellectual woman with a heart of gold, a smile that lights up the night and someone that is just so damn awesome! I don't know what I did to deserve her!

My ex-fiancee reached out a few months back after one of my good friends passed on. She heard and sent her condolences. I did not respond. She's married now. Still shooting emails off, but the timeframe between each is growing. I don't think she regrets leaving but wants to assuage her guilt. ANYWAY WHO CARES!

You will make it, no matter what happened in your break up. You will get over it, you will grow from it, you will be better for it. I am ecstatic to be where I am in life right now and giggle as I browse the first few pages of this thread I started. Much love to you all.

To everyone that this has help, no worries! That was my intention when I had it moved into this section of the site. Man when this first went down years ago I was devastated. I honestly thought my life was over. I was so lost. Honestly and as cliche as it may sound, it was THE BEST THING that has ever happened to me. I got to grow, I got to matured. I lived in several major cities, traveled to various countries - it's been fantastic.

I write this as my fiancee is flying back home from a business trip. Yes. My Fiancee. I am engaged to the girl I mentioned a few years back that I started seeing. She is amazing. A beautiful intellectual woman with a heart of gold, a smile that lights up the night and someone that is just so damn awesome! I don't know what I did to deserve her!

My ex-fiancee reached out a few months back after one of my good friends passed on. She heard and sent her condolences. I did not respond. She's married now. Still shooting emails off, but the timeframe between each is growing. I don't think she regrets leaving but wants to assuage her guilt. ANYWAY WHO CARES!

You will make it, no matter what happened in your break up. You will get over it, you will grow from it, you will be better for it. I am ecstatic to be where I am in life right now and giggle as I browse the first few pages of this thread I started. Much love to you all.

I just got done reading this thread in its entirety, and I just want to say thanks for sharing your long journey with us and your happy ending...without the ex. A lot of us here are grieving and are in pain, and any bit of solace and light at the end of the tunnel helps. Your story has been inspiring and is a true testament to what they say...it does get better.

Thanks again, and I wish you all the happiness in the world.

• 1 year later...

A few weeks ago I married the girl I posted about in this thread!

Just wanted to close this out. Thanks for following through the years. We are so happy and excited to be on this journey together. Keep it together. Keep a positive mind. You will find happiness. Don't dwell on the past because you need that energy for your future.

You got this.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived