How should i feel about this?

giggles1

So I have been talking to this guy for a while and we finally made plan to hang out this week for the first time.He said he was pretty excited about the whole thing.But he canceled our first date the very last minute!!He didn't say why but he said he would like to plan it again for some other day.I dont know if I should even be mad at him for this.It's not like we are dating but he actually wanted to hang out with me.Do you think it's the sign of someone who cant keep his word? Any advice would be appreciated.

see if he does it one more time - then yeah, it is definitely a problem... if he can't keep it in the very beginning- then what's to look forward to? pay attention to your feelings and ALWAYS respect them - if you feel upset or angry about it, that means your boundaries have been crossed and no need to talk yourself into denying your own feelings for some guy you barely know.

(happened to me before - trust your feelings first and foremost)

Canceling at the last minute without a reason + saying he will reschedule for "another [unspecified] day" = goodbye from me. It's not complicated. He is being disrespectful.

Be careful, in these situations it is sometimes the case that he is blowing you off in favor of a different woman, all the while keeping you in reserve for "another day." Not saying this is your situation, but if you proceed with him then keep your eyes and ears open.

I always give a person two tries. If I go out on a date and the person is not an axe murderer, I'll go on a second because firsts are sometimes awkward and glad I did. I would give him one more chance and don't clear your plans for him. After all, it wasn't really a "date" but a "let's hang out." It could be anything - running late at work, not feeling so hot - he really doesn't have to explain why he couldn't hang out the first time. If he calls you again and you do hang out and it works fine, then great. He might reveal why he cancelled. Maybe he is embarrassed to say. I canceled with someone once because i was having a very bad painful heavy period and I was grouchy and I couldn't seem to leave the house and meds didn't make a dent. I did not want to tell them that. If it was my female best bud, I would, but not a guy.

Canceling at the last minute without a reason + saying he will reschedule for "another [unspecified] day" = goodbye from me. It's not complicated. He is being disrespectful.

Be careful, in these situations it is sometimes the case that he is blowing you off in favor of a different woman, all the while keeping you in reserve for "another day." Not saying this is your situation, but if you proceed with him then keep your eyes and ears open.

Amen!

OP, I had that happened to me. No show. I'll save you the trouble. Go to the next guy.

Archived