Could I be pregnant?

Tranquillo

i too had periods of 7 days, always, like clockwork, but then suddenly they went to 4 or 5 days....no clue why, hormones, body changes......if you got pregnant that day, your period would not stop the day after, has nothing to do with that, you couldn't even be fertilized yet in that one day......stop worrying

Oh good.. thats a relief to hear!

i too had periods of 7 days, always, like clockwork, but then suddenly they went to 4 or 5 days....no clue why, hormones, body changes......if you got pregnant that day, your period would not stop the day after, has nothing to do with that, you couldn't even be fertilized yet in that one day......stop worrying

I would ask your doctor questions about how you can conceive. Sperm and egg can "unite" in one day -it can take longer since sperm can live 4-5 days inside but yes it can happen right away. As far as being able to tell if you're pregnant as to whether your period stops or starts it depends - periods typically stop once you're pregnant but not always.

My comment was in response to Huntress0527's ''We all have our moments of 'what if'.''

Yes I understood that and my advice is not to dismiss this as "everyone makes mistakes" -since you are planning to continue being sexual with your bf even if there's no intercourse I agree that you need more education on how pregnancy occurs and on your menstrual cycle. Why not make an appointment with your gynecologist?

but i meant that i don't think you would notice that the NEXt day....don't believe that....and no need to treat me like an ignorant child, i actually went to school to be an OBYN so i do know something!

I'm not sure why you read my post that way. I sure didn't mean it that way. And what you wrote above is not what you wrote in your original post to the OP. I know something as well, as do you - I did not study medicine but even if I did I would advise the OP to see a doctor and would be uncomfortable giving her definitive information on how one can conceive other than it requires sperm and an egg. I don't think a woman would notice that she was pregnant the next day but since tests are now accurate even before a missed period it's easy to test early.

Unless his sperm is made of sulfuric acid then it ain't making it's way up through 3 layers of clothes to your eggs. How old are you? You sound far to young to be doing stuff like that. Read a book woman!

You agree that sperm can survive in moist conditions right? Now, say the THREE layers of clothes were WET, and the sperm was on the clothes, can it not still be alive and make it's way through the wetness of the clothes into the woman? I'm old enough to be doing stuff like that! What book

Sperm can live only for a few hours in the vagina, when the cervical mucus becomes "friendly" to sperm in the right part of the cycle it can in certain situations last for about 2 days tops, the egg probably last for about 24 hours. Read up upon it ladies, a lot of misinformation here.

Considering my information came from a doctor - a OBGYN at that, multiple ones - until I'm told differently it's the information I'll tell other women. If sperm only live inside the vagina for a max of two days I'd really like to know how my niece was conceived considering the last time her parents had sex before her conception date was 5 days before the conception date and that was the last time they had sex until after they discovered they were pregnant with her.

The thing is anecdotal stories can have a big emotional impact but they are a notorious unreliable source of information. I'm not saying you should have unprotected sex, I'm just saying getting pregnant while having sex while you are on the 4th day of your period just doesn't happen. Every cycle is different, some women have long periods, and short cycles making that in between time between periods seem short but if you take the first day of your period as the first day of your cycle you can get a good idea where you are at.

I can't believe these threads, I really can't. And the fact people say you're "probably not pregnant" and "take a pregnancy test just to make sure" just makes me sad and kinda worried about the type of sex education people are getting. I mean, on one hand you've got teens being completley reckless and never using protection and on the other you've got teens who are terrified they might be pregnant when they haven't even taken their clothes off!

When someone asks whether they might be pregnant through not having penetrative sex and keeping their underwear on, the only response I would ever think to give is:

NO! You are not pregnant. You cannot get pregnant from pre-cum THROUGH clothing!!

I don't mean to patronise you OP but the fact that you had to ask the question to begin with makes me think either you haven't been educated about sex, you've been given the wrong information or you're very young.

From what I understand 5 days is the max sperm can live inside the woman's body.

I do not think sperm can get through wet clothing but since none of us was there (thank goodness) no one can know exactly what happened. That's why I think the best advice is to take a pregnancy test if there is any concern like that.

I can't believe these threads, I really can't. And the fact people say you're "probably not pregnant" and "take a pregnancy test just to make sure" just makes me sad...

You cannot get pregnant from pre-cum THROUGH clothing. You. Can. NOT!

I don't mean to patronise you OP but the fact that you had to ask the question to begin with makes me think either you haven't been educated about sex, you've been given the wrong information or you're very young.

^^ I was thinking the same thing. There is so much misinformation it's scarey. OP, the chances of you being pregnant would be a million to one. THREE layers of clothing? It would be a miracle if you were pregnant (imo).

From what I understand 5 days is the max sperm can live inside the woman's body.

I do not think sperm can get through wet clothing but since none of us was there (thank goodness) no one can know exactly what happened. That's why I think the best advice is to take a pregnancy test if there is any concern like that.

When you advise someone to take a pregnancy test when they've given you information that suggests there's zero probability of a pregnancy, you only confirm to the OP that there is in fact a chance when clearly there isn't. If the OP wasn't being honest, that'd be a different story but I'm sure she has no reason to come on an anonymous pregnancy forum and lie. I mean, you've got to be safe but you've also got to have some understanding of the odds of pregnancy, otherwise we'd all be taking pregnancy tests every time we had sex and the OP didn't even have sex! The odds of condoms failing are somewhere between 2-5% with perfect use but I certainly don't take a pregnancy test every time I have sex. Same goes for the pill or any other reliable form of contraception. The difference here is that the OP didn't have sex but she's still being advised to check she's not pregnant just in case, thus fuelling the fear that lead her to ask her question in the first place. Also, you have to remember that other people might stumble upon this thread and think "oh god, maybe I should take a pregnancy test too because she was advised to". I think people should be better educated, they should be taught to be safe but they shouldn't be given information that might create an unrealistic unhealthy fear. That's all.

I always advise the posters who post these types of quetions to take a pregnancy test to ease their mind - because the simple fact is no amount of faceless strangers telling you 'no, you aren't' is going to squash that fear that you are if you already have to ask the question. The only way TO do that is to take a pregnancy test. A blaring NEGATIVE is pretty obvious. That, and while I personally don't think she can get pregnant in her scenario, stranger thing have happened. I remember a time when it was said a woman wouldn't have a period while pregnant when in fact many women do still have a period while pregnant. For me, it's just covering the bases. You aren't but if you want peace of mind, the only peace of mind she's going to get is a negative test.

It doesn't ease their minds though, it confirms their fear that there might be a chance they got pregnant through not having sex!! It fuells the misinformation that gets banded around on the internet.

Tell me OG, if a person posted a question asking whether they might be pregnant from their boyfriend cuddling them in bed and let's just say for arguments sake that the guys boxers rubbed up against the womans underwear, would you advice them to take a pregnancy test to aleviate their fears? It's not that far fetched. There's a shocking number of threads from people who are fearful and misinformed. Stranger things have happened? Than getting pregnant through your clothes...Hmm, like immaculate conception or what??

It doesn't ease their minds though, it confirms their fear that there might be a chance they got pregnant through not having sex!!

I think a lot of the people that ask these questions are going to accept any pregnancy test over people saying its impossible to be pregnant, the fear will always be there until this (unless they get their period of course).

It doesn't ease their minds though, it confirms their fear that there might be a chance they got pregnant through not having sex!! It fuells the misinformation that gets banded around on the internet.

Tell me OG, if a person posted a question asking whether they might be pregnant from their boyfriend cuddling them in bed and let's just say for arguments sake that the guys boxers rubbed up against the womans underwear, would you advice them to take a pregnancy test to aleviate their fears? It's not that far fetched. There's a shocking number of threads from people who are fearful and misinformed. Stranger things have happened? Than getting pregnant through your clothes...Hmm, like immaculate conception or what??

Saffron, do you really think the people who post these threads don't go ahead and take a pregnancy test DESPITE being told there is no possible way? This thread could have a million pages of us telling the OP 'no, under no uncertain terms can you become pregnant' and I'll bet you people who post these kinds of threads will STILL take a pregnancy test. Why? Because it's the only 'solid' way for them to know if they are or aren't. The fact they fear this in the first place shows you they have no knowledge and people simply telling them 'no' or 'yes' is not going to ease that fear once it's created in their mind.

Yes I would actually. If they are THAT misinformed to ask that question no amount of me telling them 'no sperm got near your vagina', 'you can't get pregnant through cuddling' is going to ease their mind. The fear and misinformation is already there - all I can do is tell them no because x, y, and z. If you want to prove my response and ease your mind, take a pregnancy test. Because like I said, if they are asking that question they are going to take a pregnancy test if I say so or not.

It's like the bloody closet monster as a child. Your mother could tell you a million times there was no closet monster but what did you do as a child? You got up YOURSELF and checked. Why? Because being told nothing was there wasn't enough, you had to see it for yourself.

I think a lot of the people that ask these questions are going to accept any pregnancy test over people saying its impossible to be pregnant, the fear will always be there until this (unless they get their period of course).

That's true too. Most will never be convinced by what they hear - they need to see the proof (pregnancy test).

On a side note, this reminds of how many times I've seen threads asking "If I swallow, can I become pregnant?" .......... ummm, ........ seriously? Yep, seen that many many many times over the years, lol.

Archived