Dating someone 7 years older than me..

sweetestdesire

I don't think its a big deal if he doesn't go back to school. I know someone who is a doctor blissfully married to a mechanic. They are both intelligent people and they compliment eachother well. They both work with their hands and have the same meticulousness. If he never goes to get a degree, so what. They both really "get" eachother and have enough things that offset eachother so they benefit from eachother's different strengths too.

For example adults, adults who go back just to finish their general ED, just to say they did it. He can be one of those people. Anybody can be those type of people w/ a lil motivation. It's never too late to be successful.

You cannot look at him thinking "this is where he needs to improve" or consider him lacking for not having a degree. If he is happy where he is at and lives within his means, and is a loving, caring man who you mesh well with - a degree doesn't matter. If you are embarrassed about it, then you need to reassess things.

It doesn't mean people are unmotivated if they don't get a degree later on. Someone can be perfectly motivated in their job and in life. Some people are dealt a different hand when they were younger - either no one in their family went to school, they had a rough start, they were totally on their own or whatever or they had dyslexia or a mild learning disability that made them a not so perfect student as they wanted to be. I know there is help for that now, but not always and not everywhere.

Archived