is it jealousy?

glace10

so i was at a train station yesterday and met two close guy friends that i havent seen for awhile (ashton and mason). We talked for like 10 minutes and my train came. During the 10 minute conversation, i was mostly talking with mason because he asked me a lot of question, while talking to him tho, ashton kept punching and pushing me. Mason told him to stop and so he did. Afterwards, when I got home i received a message from ashton and this was the conversation.

Ive known ashton longer than mason.

ashton: its weird that you talk to mason more than me when we see you

me: because he was asking me questions..and you had nothing else to say but beat me..but i wanted to talk to you

ashton: ok cool

me: are you mad?

ashton: kinda

me: im sorry ill talk to you more whenever i see you guys again

ashton: yea sure lol

me: yes, id ignore mason just for you..oh wait is this coming from someone who never visit me at work?

ashton: ok good good..its not like mason ever visit you....

me: hold..are you jealous?

and then he never replied....

soo my question is, is he jealous? or just playing with my mind? were all close friends but why would he get mad over something like that?

He's way more than jealous. That behavior is straight up wussy and immature. I'm gonna guess he's a "nice guy" and feels entitled to more of your attention because he's known you longer, or maybe it's something else.

ashton: its weird that you talk to mason more than me when we see you

It's not weird. Damn, that's two-faced.

It's like he's talking his friend down. I mean, rather than saying hey, we don't talk much, we should talk more he brought up his friend, and in some way, he's expecting you to talk to him more, which takes away from Mason talking to you.

ohhh thank you soo much! but why didnt he reply when i asked him straight if he was jealous? my guess he was annoyed?

lol sure.

He brought up his friend Mason again, but negatively. This sentence is screaming with jealousy and insecurity. Rather than being like alright, I'll make sure I visit you the next time you work he goes with talking down his friend: its not like Mason ever visit you.....

If I were Ashton, I'm feeling bitter right now that even though Mason never visited you and even though I never visited you, you still treat him better than me. I'm gonna talk trash about my friend so you will think I'm better than him.

If you asked me, that's a stupid strategy cause he's not giving himself any more worth than his friend Mason. He's in competition with Mason for your attention, but he's really bad at it. He'll talk his friend down just to get closer with you. That's why I think it's two-faced.

lol sure.

He brought up his friend Mason again, but negatively. This sentence is screaming with jealousy and insecurity. Rather than being like alright, I'll make sure I visit you the next time you work he goes with talking down his friend: its not like Mason ever visit you.....

If I were Ashton, I'm feeling bitter right now that even though Mason never visited you and even though I never visited you, you still treat him better than me. I'm gonna talk trash about my friend so you will think I'm better than him.

If you asked me, that's a stupid strategy cause he's not giving himself any more worth than his friend Mason. He's in competition with Mason for your attention, but he's really bad at it. He'll talk his friend down just to get closer with you. That's why I think it's two-faced.

thank you soo sooo much!! actually he knew i had a thing with mason before, but that was a long time ago. Mason and ashton are bestfriends.

But if ashton likes me, why never texts me? although whenever he does he would always tell me he misses me over a text or on facebook, ever since we stopped hanging out because everyone has been busy

OP, how old are you and these guys? It is obvious that Ashton doesn't quite know how to engage in conversation as well...anyways, just curious.

were 17 i know he always reply with 'okay' and 'cool' ...sometimes i think hes bored and he wants to send me sign hes not interested

he seems to be trying to put his foot back in the standings as he perceives this other guy as a threat. I would avoid asking him if hes jealous, or if he likes you, his dialogue shows hes very inexperienced and cautious- he wouldnt show all his cards just yet.

And when i was a kid and some girl became forward like that, i would take it like she was making fun of me. Its all apart having insecurities when you are a young. He might have felt he exposed himself to you too much and now he is having cold feet. If the guy doesnt step up, then the other guy will.

There is no need to over-analyse this. He wants you as his girlfriend and is therefore jealous that you seem to be paying more attention to his friend than to him. That doesn't make him a bad guy.

So - what do you want from him? Just friendship or are you interested in him romantically?

Thank you everyone for your answers, i really appreciate them and help me a lot.

Though please let me have this chance to ask you one more thing about ashton. Me and ashton call each other as bestfriends, although we both know that we are not really, its just for fun. Buy were really comfortable with each other and tell each other pretty much everything. Sometimes it gets to the point where he treats me as a guy and would always teasingly punch and beat me. One time he was finishing up his personal response assignment in English where he had to pick songs and relate them with his life. He asked me to read it and tell him what i think about it. I read it and when i came half way point of the assignment i stopped and told him that i cant read it because its too personal. But then he was like "its okay im letting you read it"

Though whenever i say he's my bestfriend he doesnt say anything and would always tell me im clueless. Also, my friends told me that he doesnt seem to like the idea of us being bestfriends.

Archived