Am I the only female that DOESN'T care about Valentine's Day?

scared and alone

Nah, I don't care for it either. I don't believe in buying things for people to show people that I love them, and I don't believe in chosing a completely irrelevant day to show my love. I used to work with flowers and watch the men come in and buy flowers, and knew that they were only doing it because it would get them laid or because they felt pressured by society to do so, not because they really cared. What a joke.

I would completely obliterate the day if I could. Absolutely loathe it.

Nah, I don't care for it either. I don't believe in buying things for people to show people that I love them, and I don't believe in chosing a completely irrelevant day to show my love. I used to work with flowers and watch the men come in and buy flowers, and knew that they were only doing it because it would get them laid or because they felt pressured by society to do so, not because they really cared. What a joke.

I would completely obliterate the day if I could. Absolutely loathe it.

YES. I think that my hubby and I show each other enough that we love each other, without being forced to show it on ONE day of the year. Forget that... What MEANS something to me, is when the one I love shows me he loves me JUST BECAUSE, on a random thursday in march. ya know? Not when EVERYONE is EXPECTED to "show love". It honestly RUINS it for me.

It's kinda like every other holiday, it gives you an excuse to break the mundane and do something fun. Although it really is just another day so is every other holiday, it's just the meaning you give it that makes it special.

yeah, this.

my mom doesn't care about mother's day either, nor does my grandma. they tell me not to get them anything because they're always saying i should save my money rather than spend it on them because they care about my finances. regardless, I still get them flowers, and they're overjoyed. I mean, I show them that I love them everyday but on those days a simple gesture goes a long way.

I don't ever wanna be cynical and be like (when any holiday comes around) oh it's just another day, and not really enjoy myself or give someone something special (doesn't have to be extravagant). I actually really like giving gifts (even if just flowers). I love the look on their face, and I like it when they brag to their friends too about me. Though I still show my love everyday.

my mom doesn't care about mother's day either, nor does my grandma. they tell me not to get them anything because they're always saying i should save my money rather than spend it on them because they care about my finances. regardless, I still get them flowers, and they're overjoyed. I mean, I show them that I love them everyday but on those days I make it even more special.

I don't ever wanna be cynical and be like (when any holiday comes around) oh it's just another day, and not really enjoy myself or give someone something special. I actually really like giving gifts and all that. I love the look on their face, and I like it when they brag to their friends too about me. Though I still show my love everyday.

Thankyou Generation for coming to the rescue! But I agree I'm a pretty thoughtful guy so when anniversaries, holidays, birthdays roll around I can go all out and do something extra special without looking dumb. It makes me feel happy when I see the faces of the ones I love light up althought his will be the first valentines I don't have a date in like 5 years....

I don't think treating certain holidays like any other days is being "cynical" though. That implies bitterness. Sometimes, we just aren't raised to think it's a big deal. I've been usually with someone for V-day but I never really do anything out of the norm with them.

Meh. It's an annoying day to me. Just another holiday made to encourage people to needlessly spend money. I find it ridiculous. Plus, I absolutely HATE cheesy, romantic, down-on-one-knee type of stuff. That's really funny to me considering it is also my birthday.

I'm not into romance at all! But some bling is always nice to get. Just sayin'. I've never been big on V Day and I'm still not. BUT nice perfume or a little jewelry goes a long way with me.

"I don't ever wanna be cynical and be like (when any holiday comes around) oh it's just another day, and not really enjoy myself or give someone something special (doesn't have to be extravagant). I actually really like giving gifts (even if just flowers). I love the look on their face, and I like it when they brag to their friends too about me. Though I still show my love everyday."

Giving gifts is so fun! I have to say, I am really looking forward to valentines day this year just because my bf and I are so new and really enjoying being ridiculously cheesy to one another. Usually I am single, and when I'm not I love a homemade card and a single flower or something. really simple. but yes, it's about the day to day for me as well.

I am not a big V day person, like others have said stores are the only one who gain from it. I met this girl(future wife) on Sunday (2 days ago) so today I was like shoot , what do I do. So I asked her if she wanted to go to dinner. She was like hell no, V-day isnt worth the hassel to go to dinner and stand on line all evening. Another reason she will be my future wife LOL.

I am not a big V day person, like others have said stores are the only one who gain from it. I met this girl(future wife) on Sunday (2 days ago) so today I was like shoot , what do I do. So I asked her if she wanted to go to dinner. She was like hell no, V-day isnt worth the hassel to go to dinner and stand on line all evening. Another reason she will be my future wife LOL.

Sounds like you have a keeper

And really, I am so not even into jewelry, flowers or perfumes. Or even shoes. What kind of female am I?? LOL

Archived