texting etiquatte

bananashake

I know a lovely girl. She's really nice and social but her text etiqute is awful. You send her a text asking if you can borrow something and she'll text back the next day or something. I think she just doesn't live life by her phone.

I think that's refreshing. She has a life and does other things. She gets back to you when she can.

I agree with DN. I do think it is rude and intrusive to text someone and expect a text back right away. Even if they aren't in a meeting, they may just want to focus on the task at hand (driving, cooking, watching TV, working, whatever).

Totally agree. I have had to make it clear when I am dating someone that I prefer talking on the phone. I text a little sometimes, but not as a regular habit.

I'm with you there. But if you aren't doing those things, I think it's fair to text them back within a couple hours. Especially if they ask you a question.

You don't know what they are doing so you can't really dictate when they respond. generally though your ex was a jerk.

Don't text me, don't leave me a vioce mail, I probably won't see it for a day or two. I love my phone, but I HATE texting and only do it in emergencies. If someone can't take the time and call me, don't bother. I love voices and I am busy, so I don't check my phone every ten minutes like some people at work do (who are close to being fired because of it). Texting is fine, I guess, but I would never hold a conversation with the person I love by texting. They are too important to me.

I personally text a lot and only appreciate calls when I need to hear someone's voice or have something important to say. I just wonder how calling would "resolve" the issue of someone not responding to your text. Does calling make the person less busy? I personally find calling a bit intrusive and limiting because I can text in most situations where I can't call and to me texting takes a lot less brain power and helps me carry on a conversation while doing other things.

I've definitely had issues with guys not responding or having proper "texting etiquette". A large portion of those men were just being jerks in my opinion because if you try to observe the pattern, they are usually the same guys that don't call when they should and forget to return calls.

Same here. I love texting because there are many occasions I can't make a phone call (on the train, in the office, at night, etc) and when the text conversation ends brutally it's like the other person had hung up on me or stormed out of the room. I do know people who are like me and use texting as one of the many ways to communicate either seriously or lightly, but always in a polite way. I suppose it's a matter of habits ;-)

I should have added, that my ex WAS a man who had his phone at all times and was constantly texting his exW about WHATEVER. And in my presence. So, yes, that is why my feelings were hurt when I never received a "I love you" type-a random text, or, a text that gives me an update, or, a text that answers a simple question. In fact, I remember seeing my bf driving down one of the main streets in my small city. I pulled up next to him and honked when we were at the red light. He didn't look up until I honked again. why did it take him so long to look up? because he was texting or dialing someone.And then that exact afternoon, I text him a "how are you doing" msg and he never responded.

Anyway, Fun Boater, I am in Decatur. I temporarily lived in Peoria while on a contract for my job. And I was just in Peoria doing some gambling at the Boat 2 weeks ago! I like Peoria.

Ah, you should have shared these details in your OP, Banana! It puts your questions into perspective. If he is one of "those people" who is on his phone all the time texting and calling...but not texting and calling you very often; then you have every right to be frustrated and unhappy about this. I didn't realize he was a "cellphone-a-holic". lol

I know Decatur fairly well and know some people down there. Yes, the Paradice! I never seem to have much luck there so I don't go too often - my wallet won't let me! lol My retired parents are VIP there and go several times a week. lol It's always nice to see other people from Illinois, especially Central IL on this board that contains people from all over the world! =)

Ah, you should have shared these details in your OP, Banana! It puts your questions into perspective. If he is one of "those people" who is on his phone all the time texting and calling...but not texting and calling you very often; then you have every right to be frustrated and unhappy about this. I didn't realize he was a "cellphone-a-holic". lol

I know Decatur fairly well and know some people down there. Yes, the Paradice! I never seem to have much luck there so I don't go too often - my wallet won't let me! lol My retired parents are VIP there and go several times a week. lol It's always nice to see other people from Illinois, especially Central IL on this board that contains people from all over the world! =)

Small little world!!!

Archived