Doesn't want to go to Prom with me?

chillout

Hey People,

Me and my girlfriend have been together for over a year now and the other day something really got me down.

She asked me if I was going to our college prom and I said , 'Yeah i'll be going if you're able to come'. Then she replied, ' I wouldn't go with you'.

I was really shocked and asked why. She said that if she goes she'll go with her girl mates as going with me isn't a 'good look'.

I was pretty upset about this and I said to her that, we've been going out for a year and we won't be going to prom together. Then I said to her I won't be going prom and according to her i'm taking this personally.

She said that she's used to being 'discreet' about her relationships.

Am i being unreasonable asking her to go prom with me? It'll be our last time in the college and I thought we should go together.

What do you guys think?

That would be a deal-breaker for me. Is she ashamed to be seen with you?

Apparently so - for you posted this in a previous thread:

I have real strong feelings towards her too and whats killing me IS: For the past maybe few weeks , whenever we are alone (we haven't told people about our relationship - because of rumours , people asking and all that bull) ,

she doesn't even hug me , kiss me or anything. I just walk her to her bus stop , as i did before but before she would hug or kiss me.

The other day , I gave her a hug - it felt like a REALLY weak hug

Discreet? Are you two from warring rival families or something? If not, then 'discreet' sounds to me like code for 'I want to go to check out my other options and don't want you holding me back'.....

Major red flag IMO....

Her dad is super-strict. So she said that when pictures will be taken it's 'risky' for her.

@DN:

I asked her that because I was pretty annoyed. And she said she has no idea what im talking about

...or being seen with you at the prom. From my own experience and stories I've heard from others, when someone wants to be discreet about your relationship it means they don't take you seriously.

Strange thing is. Everyone knows about us two being together in the college. So i thought the discreet thing wasn't a problem .. obviously i was wrong

Strange thing is. Everyone knows about us two being together in the college. So i thought the discreet thing wasn't a problem .. obviously i was wrong

It's a matter of putting two and two together. Everyone knows you two are going out, yet she doesn't want to go with you to the prom. Something is not right.

Dude, you need to do this. She is so immature and you will thank yourself later. She is eventually going to dump you. Nip this in the butt NOW. Ignore everything she says after you do it.

When you say "you know why" expect hell, do it in person and just roll your eyes at her no matter what she says and walk away.

I can see why with her strict dad she is like that. Imagine if your parents found out you were smoking at age 13, that is how she imagines her dad will react. Some parents just teach that such relationships are bad. However, by not confronting the problem itll never be solved, I say if shes worth it stick with her and get to the root of the problem.

I'm still trying to figure out this part: "we haven't told people about our relationship - because of rumours , people asking and all that bull)". WHY haven't you told anyone, and WHAT rumours? If you guys haven't told anyone, then no wonder she wants to be "descreet" and not be seen with you. What are we all missing here?

Archived