Can't do this. Feel like I just want to die.

Milsch

And you believe this is categorically true, for all break ups when there's someone else in the picture?

As a default position yes. I'm willing to accept maybe there's a situation in which it wouldn't apply, but I don't see anything in your case to justify that. Sorry

Everything else you said is similar to what you've said before, and has received appropriate comments from many people. Read your topic again. Really

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But in terms of reconciliation... surely there has to be some contact?

I think for a reconciliation to happen, both parties have to want it. Anything else isn't reconciliation ... it's hoping. So, for a reconciliation to occur she has to want to be with you too. And not have a boyfriend.

I have seen people on this forum do what you are trying to do and get burned. Fool yourself all you want, but it's only dragging out your pain.

Yeah, but no one else compares. Seriously. Yesterday I went on a 'date' (sort of) with a girl I've known for a year. While I was with the ex, I always thought this girl was cute (and very attractive, etc). I even had the 'well... if I was single...' thoughts (but never made any move or came anywhere near thinking about cheating on the ex). But on this date I just found the girl to be... I dunno... just a bit dull in comparison. I mean, I know she's not; she's really sweet, etc... but I just don't feel the same passion, chemistry or attraction. I've been ill today and - very bored - I thought of every single woman I've ever met or known and there is not one who even comes close to the ex. I honestly believe I will never meet anyone like her again.

I know the feeling *sigh*

Been dating a bunch of men since the BU (which was nearly a year ago) and never felt half as happy with them as I used to be with the ex. And I swear to God I put a lot of goodwill in it! I'm tired of losing my time and energny and making others lose theirs, so maybe I should just stay single. LOL

Archived