Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Meoww's stylebook

meoww

I want some over the knee black boots this month

a new white shirt

I'm getting sick of winter clothes--I'm really excited for spring shopping!

my hair is finally getting long after I cut it all off last fall, I think by next fall it will be perfect.

I wore a white top to the party--and did my hair the way I said I would. I felt a little too freshly showered to look good though. It's weird, I think sometimes I look better after I've 'settled' a bit.

anyway--I never found the perfect pair of combat boots this year--and now I'm not really into the style as much. I actually have a really expensive pair from 2010 but they are actually meant to be worn for hiking so I feel kind of silly wearing them normally. I still like them though...

I don't know--

I am wearing my favorite scarf today--it's wool--blue and green plaid with this amazing velvety pattern on the bottoms of the scarf where the tassels are. Looks nice with white and my brown hair.

I am going to paint my nails red--a matte, orangey red.

haha and I'm still thinking about getting a boob job. This is really paranoid of me but I'm afraid I'd do something to annoy the anesthesiologist or nurses and they'd try to kill me. I really wonder sometimes if jealousy etc, gets in the way of delivering satisfactory results to a patient. I don't trust normal people to look out for my best interests, let alone people who have the power to kill me and who can pretty much just get away with it. Not to mention the risk of true complications--of course this boils down to finding someone I can really trust. For some reason in theory I really don't trust nurses, since they don't make a lot of money and probably resent being condescended to by doctors or patients. AH but the few nurses I have come into contact with have been absolutely wonderful people and have been very reassuring and thoughtful--except for like 2 that were rude and fear mongering.

anyway--I feel like a sloth this evening--I was just exhausted from the weekend this afternoon.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to wear a lot of color but I am wearing mostly blacks, whites, grays, etc, recently. It's amazing actually--I love it

I wore eyeliner for the first time in about 6 months or more on Wednesday evening. I think it looked ok--but I was kind of not used to myself wearing it and I felt like it looked really harsh. I think I'd rather get Latisse instead. Rather than using makeup to enhance my look I've been looking to more invasive solutions like latisse or chemical peels--I find that achieves my goals better than the warpaint most of the time. I'm kind of feeling like I should get Botox on my forehead or something. I don't think I know of anyone my age who has done it but people my age or even late teens are getting it done apparently according to what I read.

SO--I'd also like to check in at a spa soon--I've suddenly gotten really into pampering myself over the last year or so.

At first it was really terrifying realizing that even people my age are getting old or will someday be old--but one thing I did realize is that part of it is that you realize that the flaws you have--the ones that seemed acceptable when you were younger--you realize you have to live with them for the rest of your life, unless you do something about it. I feel like I am under more scrutiny to prove myself now--basically only to my mother though--who says horrible things like you look 30 with your hair up--things she never used to say. I don't know why turning 25 makes her think it's appropriate to be so rude. My ugly duckling years are behind me and yet she seems to get worse the better I look. It's so hard to not let it get to me--I can't believe she is so fixated on my appearance. She must spend the majority of her time thinking about how I look from all angles. She's always talking about the way my butt looks, my thighs, my neck, face, how certain clothes don't flatter me--it creeps me out like it's a sexual thing or something. I only want to be looked at like that by men or the men I am attracted to. If I have a daughter I am definitely not going to be checking her out that closely--it's just wrong.

anyway--I don't really want to turn this thread into another thread about how creepy and messed up she is.

Recently I have been doing a very poor job of distancing myself from her!!!

I need to strengthen my resolve not to speak to her at all. I have to be stronger!! I really need to take this seriously and not give in.

another thing I need to remember is that she does this to everyone--I just get to bear the brunt it of it + her crazy episodes. I remember when my aunt lost her job one holiday and the first thing my mother brought up at our family dinner was that--in such a nonchalant way, in front of everyone, with a big smile on her face. Recently, one of her younger sisters turned 50 and she loves going around telling random people her age too, like it's some kind of defeat. That's the thing about her, she always turns something trivial into a big, horrible ordeal and tries to undermine everyone's self esteem while acting like she's the only one who sees the 'real' truth. so unpleasant but everyone has come to expect that kind of negativity from her so she gets away with it

been into plaid lately--not for shirts though. I don't really like those button up collared shirts for women actually, unless you have a really feminine figure. I actually received a floral corduroy button up in mauve as a gift this xmas and I'm wearing it right now lol so I'm being a hypocrite but this one is kind of cute. It's a really soft heathery color and it compliments my skin tone well.

I was thinking about pairing it with these brown suede shorts I have, or maybe even this black skirt with suspenders that I have.

speaking of suspenders I have this amazing teal plaid skirt thing with these straps. I don't know, it's a little scandalous, but it's one of the cutest things I own. It has a slightly high waist. I was thinking about pairing the teal with a medium gray top. But I don't have one--so I'd like to get one in the next 2 weeks.

received many compliments on my mid calf black suede boots with the black poms. The black on black looks really really amazing I think that's why. Also the little black cuff around the bottom is also very nice. It's seriously awesome not to have to spend much money to look nice. The only thing now is that the hunt for something unique and flattering seems to take a long time.

i have to write about these gloves I bought for my cousin

soooo cute. w/ a synthetic fur cuff in grey--which is silvery when it catches the light, and the actual glove is navy plaid. I wanted them for myself but I got into the Christmas spirit or something and I knew they would be the perfect gift for her. She loved them

ma nailz--I want to paint them a matte light purple. I like those pastel nails (in mint also)

They look so good now that I've been cutting them straight accross for a while. I used to hate how my nails aren't long but now I think I have really cute small nails. I thought they were masculine but it turns out it was mostly that just because I had no idea how to shape my nails. I also thought I had really fat fingers but they actually aren't that bad.

Anyway, I am looking forward to buying some nail polish soon. I just wanted to make a note of it here so I don't forget

I haven't exfoliated in a while and sure enough dry skin is building up on my corners of my nose.

I still don't floss enough

got a 32g ipad, a new bath robe--in light purple, new pajama pants

no new style ideas--although it's a little late, I think want a long down coat although i do have a short purple one that is serving me well

What I want actually, is some outdoor gear---a day pack, maybe a new backpacking backpack, a light jacket, hiking shoes, and shorts etc stuff like that

also sunglasses x2

maybe just one of those ruffly short skirts to wear with leggings

and a tee with a printed graphic of a necklace

i should have bought this other cheap one i saw in black and white--i think they were suspenders or something

another olive jacket

some other casual shirts

canvas shoes--maybe

one of those animal ear hood things

more over the knee socks

jean shorts

i think that's it for my wishlist

maybe some kind of athletic sweatshirt/hoodie

a gold necklace of some kind

a silver cross necklace--not too big though

a white button up

a navy blazer

a floral/canvas bag?

i also want to start wearing sunscreen everyday

the only thing is that I only own chemical sunscreens, i don't know where i can buy a physical sunscreen here

i also want organic laundry detergent because other kind is massively irritating my skin

wow---I have officially rung in the new year

and somehow I missed the countdown

outside everything was so beautiful, and so peaceful--and this is corny but I love how everyone stays up together and waits--it's all so nice

it's been such a beautiful winter

but I feel like I have truly had a break through. Everything is completely different and I feel completely in control of my own life now.

now I just have to be brave and keep going as I am, one step at a time.

but there are a few more things I haven't figured out yet....that I am really going to have to figure out this year!!

i wish I could express just how good I feel. I feel so stable, basically ready to take on anything.

now style wise I wonder what 2012 will bring.

I just have a wonderful feeling, I just know it's going to be a life changing year.

much love to any who may be reading this!

bought some really nice glasses, they were kind of like frosted metal or something in lilac--but they look somehow mature and very nice with my brown hair and eyes

and 3 pairs of boots

i am looking for grey moccasins though. I already saw some but didn't think to buy them and i presume they have been sold since they were on sale.

I am also looking for a chunky knit scarf in camel

my boots ($25 a pair):

girly combat boots in dark brown, they are not tough looking at all and i love them--they have crotched laces in dark brown

mid calf black boots that are knit--the calf part is knit in a wintery pattern, soooo cute. Round toe, suede. they dip slightly in front like cowboy boots, with a bit of braiding on the side, slightly bagging

the last pair are kind of like doc martens but WAY cuter. they are blue--just gorgeous shoes

they all look surprisingly well made and much more expensive than they actually were

i saw another 2 pairs of boots that i thought were cute

black boots--ankle, tiny bit of shearling lining the tops and sides, bow with shearling

these baggy suede--rich camel longish boots--they are adorable but I really just don't need anymore boots

i also saw a cute plaid backpack

but i think i'd rather get a denim bag, or a white one

but i am looking for a backpack

and hoodies--since I think I lost my favorite bright teal polka dot one with a striped hood

need to find that

i am looking for some very regular dark brown boots

maybe maybe a light camel/beige poncho/ or beige down jacket

i would like some olive shorts, longish ones

or navy ones

looking for some regular shirts for everyday wear

now it's annoying me that I don't know where my hoodie is--

i also bought a new long cardigan for $5 lol, it is black with two felt pink hearts stitched on the front, and one on the back. They are small so they don't stand out that much.

and a jacket for $20--it was also really nice. Blue and navy plaid with a furry liner, toggles

I am trying not to wear florals lately nice i have never really worn a floral i liked in the long run

i am really into red right now. i'd like a red wool coat

and i want a crew neck sweatshirt in blue, with writing on it--

and a plaid scarf-a red one-maybe

wore one pair of my new boots today, they are amazing (the black round toe suede ones with the knit)

but inadvertently sucked into a bit of shopping at the grocery store grr

it's amazing though, I can spend $200-300 a month on clothes and buy an entirely new wardrobe

i bought a plain blue knit top with a hood. it's teal, kind of dressy for what it is-

a fuzzy white bag--it's really cute and compliments my winter wardrobe so well, very fresh looking--

those things together were $25--amazing

found a chunky knit beige scarf too-$10

aand a random pair of destroyed pastel purple daisy dukes--but they are really cute, I plan to wear them next spring. I will find a way to make them look more toned down. I guess the only thing I can really do is wear them with a simple tank or tee and not much make up.

so I am really pleased

i am kind of into minimalism right now, with a very slightly sporty or futuristic edge. Mostly neutral palette, toned down graphics, text, some stripes, plaids, faux fur--but only in brown, white, or black.

looking for a navy blazer and white shirt

trying out more sportswear oriented looks in 2012--really excited about that.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm encountering a slight problem with some of the cheap clothes I've been buying. Some shirts start to pile soon after washing--I expected this but it's still annoying. I would like to buy one of those little battery powered trimmers--I think it's meant for wool but would probably work on acrylic or whatever these materials happen to be.

Other than that, this winter I'm loving:

All shades of RED: for tops--compliments my brown hair very much

my white poncho--a more subtle take on this years trend

form fitting boots--kind of hard to explain, I think a lot of the time over the knee is too much, these boots have a narrow leg opening-

feminine vs unisex looks

makeup:

I yesterday this is what I did, I didn't wear any bottom mascara and applied a soft brown shadow to my lids and a lighter ivory in the crease, fanning outward, blending well of course. Then I applied mascara to my top eyelashes. I wore a cranberry sweater and wore my hair down--it's getting long again. I wore a peach lip--pretty much a slightly more saturated version of the natural color on my lips, and some blush.

I did paint my nails a matte pastel purple

and people liked them!

It might be nice to buy a red peacoat--

Frankly I'm sick of winter clothes--I'm getting bored with fashion since it is pretty much the same stuff over and over again every year since the 80s, not that I would know, but from looking at photos etc. I saw photos from the 60's of students and realized they wore pretty much exactly the same stuff. Strange, because in vintage stores the clothes always seemed a lot tackier.

So despite the fact that I'm getting tired of fashion, I'm still attempting to dress well--it always improves my mood and my day.

things i'm not buying this year but perhaps next winter

teal henley

colorblock tunic--purple and black

cable knit sweater in grey, long, with v neck

magenta turtleneck

beige cardi to wear with metallic skirts

This spring

pink dress-hard to explain the style, it's collared with a tie around the waist, hits above the knee

striped bandage dress in black and white with a front zip

tiered cranberry dress

navy dress with aqua grid pattern

black linen dress with what is apparently called a surpliced neckline

that's it for dresses

basic black top/white top

flowy white cotton top

maybe one shirt in orange, and one in light green

one or 2 bathing suits

2 pairs of flat sandals, i already have a pair of really cute orange espadrilles

one jacket

white shorts

jean shorts

i have a brown maxi skirt that i think is very cute for spring

maybe a denim jacket (maybe not?)

white bag/ or some kind of spring time bag

i like my jeans, I don't feel the need to stock up on any new pairs

maybe 1 or 2 skirts

i have many tank tops and I don't think I really need many new tops.

one black over thingy

black belt? patent?

1 blouse--

About to do some inventory right now

Suddenly I'm really disliking all styles that have been popular lately. Everything just feels over styled, too posh. Maybe that means I'm getting old haha. Seriously though, even when watching network tv I notice how matronly the wardrobes of the american actresses and actors are--why? and the horrible caked on foundation and earthy tones--I have never been a fan of this, it makes everyone from 15-45 look the same.

I don't really care about being on the cutting edge of fashion but I wish everyday looks could be a bit more fresh.

One way my style has evolved over the years too is that I no longer find the high fashion look attractive.

When I was 19 or so I really liked stacked heels, wedges with the toe cut out, leather jackets, etc. I drew inspiration from the model off duty thing, but now I think it was kind of a waste of money and time haha. Sophistication is really overrated. I still like trying new trends but I prefer to dress more femininely.

I'm working today creating a happy medium between trends and looks with more longevity. It's not easy for me actually. It's easier for me to assemble a trendy outfit than one that is a bit more tasteful but not frumpy or too self consciously 'classy.'

tempted to get a down jacket or fleece on sale--but will probably not.

skin is looking good--tried a homemade banana mask and it brightened my face a lot. I was surprised that it was so effective.

I'm happy with how I look these days

• 3 weeks later...

It has been less than a month since I closed this journal yet it feels like it's been a year!

I swear 2012 is shaping up to be the year of the * * * * --which I love actually. Everyone seriously dresses up like actual hookers now, as opposed to the edhardy/trampy but not quite there yet low brow thing from the early 2000s. I love that this is now socially acceptable. I can't even imagine what's next. I am really hoping that futuristic clothes will come into fashion sometime soon! Post hipster--it's like the jersey shore meets japan--some people on lookbook.nu are sporting garter belts--can't decide if I like this or not.

anyway I'm thinking about finally getting a pair of those over the knee boots--I found an amazing pair in blue suede. These ones are super tight in the leg and have a pretty big heel. I'm sick of uncomfortable shoes though...although I am proud to say I never jumped on the Litas trend, or Creepers, or Docs--there are so many sexier shoes out there.

I bought this amazing jacket this weekend--has a leopard print hood, black satin, ruched. Sounds terribly tacky, and admittedly it is, but I look really good in it.

mini cowboy boots too, but just because they were so cheap and made my legs look somewhat slender.

building up a solid collection of plaid skirts--although someone told me I look like a HS student in one--as a compliment, actually

the jacket is main buy though--it's perfect for the upcoming spring.

looking for some casual footwear--sneakers

I am just waiting for the weather to get warmer because I already know what was good this season---but I have no idea what to expect for spring.

I wonder how much more played out the whole hip hop/meets the art world thing is going to get. will it last through spring/summer 2012?

I saw people with amazing outfits--as if MIA cleaned up and wore better clothes. part of me is really intrigued by this look. I like how it's much more aggressive than it has been in the past--it seems more legit. not to mention democratic rather than hoity toity.

-also--not feeling colorblocking (unless in sportswear)--I have never liked this, florals, or any 60's inspired silhouettes.

I know places like h&m were pushing the british thing right now--yuck, generally speaking. Although I saw a girl with the most fascinating take on it. She was wearing these Union Jack shoes--that were kind of like platforms but kind of like loafers--what are these shoes called? black skinnes, and this amazing sweatshirt--with a Litchenstein ugh cant be bothered to check my spellin right now, sort of print--but just the way it all came together was gorgeous. a bit of her plaid shirt peeking out. Her backpack was the weirdest thing ever--I dont even know what brand it was, but it was black and had some kind of graphic on it.

She tried on a tiny green hat at h&m and she looked adorable.

saw someone with a red tutu--liked that too, with blunt bangs

but it's all a little too fashiony for my taste...I don't know what I want but it's not that.

I like the casual, nod to the 90's but with a totally different palette and different layering look--more sleek. you need to have a great body for that.

acid washed denim---this again? or will something new come up? I like those acid washed denim skirts/pants with the stars screen painted on them, or polka dots--but again that's probably too crazy for me. I was thisclose to buying this crazy denim jacket until I saw the black one.

What else? trying to recall what else I've seen

I saw someone pair red with pink in a way I really liked--a traditional wool pea coat in red, but with a crazy not terry cloth but that crazy fuzzy cloth hoodie underneath. Dark skinnies, no makeup, and sneakers.

I really need some casual footwear--I just don't know what to buy since I kind of don't want to get vans, toms, converse, or nikes. I will probably suck it up and just get a pair anyway.

I saw a cute shirt this weekend--pale pink with this photograph of a woman's face printed on it--hard to explain. it might look cute with a striped tank underneath.

Thinking about getting that.

I want over the knee boots with these ties in the back but I can't find any--although everyone seems to have a pair. Where are they buying them?

I will probably buy a new anorak (a winter one, on sale) since I feel like the styling on mine is not so great.

I want the new spring shoes and clothes to come out soon!!

Someone beat me to buying this really cute dress--a blue corduroy overall dress. It was the last one! A few remained in orange but I wasn't interested in those.

I want a fleece poncho also--not quite a fleece but that unnamed material that is similar

a grey sweatshirt? --again, saw another cute one but I'm not sure if I should get it

plaid pants

a black nylon backpack---this i really want.

baggy green pants? maybe

i also saw a cute polka dot shirt with suspenders but again not sure if that's too out there for me

maybe this cream backpack, or the fuzzy one with embroidered trim?, or a leather one, maybe with croteched trim

i also like those union jack backpacks but i probably won't get one.

some ankle boots with side ties, flat

light pink scarf?

still looking for animal print fuzzy bag but I think that trend is kind of over.

or a black polka dot canvas bag with some crotched trim would also do

I bought two of the best pair of shorts I have ever owned in my life---one is a pair that is destroyed, kind of trendy, 80's style but I plan to tone them down and make them look nice. They both have very light washes.

and a canvas batman bag--not sure if this was a good idea or not

Feel like I am forgetting some stuff but--mostly I want to take advantage of the final winter sales and get a green jacket--I found one that was perfect but it was waist length rather than hip length so I didn't want to get it.

I am also wondering if I should get an acid washed denim shirt for layering under crotched sweaters but it also seems a bit like a played out, not so fresh look...

that's why I just want spring to come so I know what to get!!

okay when it comes to casual style

wow--I have come A LONG way. I can't believe how badly I used to dress. It wasn't that bad I guess, but I just had zero sex appeal LOL. I was so incredibly uptight. I also just had kind of weird taste, I can't really explain it. I'd wear a lot of clothing that tends to look worn out quickly. I am being a bit hard on myself but it really was no fun at all, which is surprising given how much money I used to spend on my clothes. I dressed too much like a rich lady in her late 30's....

Anyway, keeping up with trends is actually a lot harder than trying to be more classic, for me anyway.

I don't really have too much new ideas about fashion recently.

I actually wore a shirt with text on it--since I used to dress like a grandma this was like a breakthrough for me hahahaha

anyway, it's really cute. Pale pink, long like a tunic, but fitted, with a bit of a boat neck.

I wore skinny jeans--in a medium-but on the lighter side--sort of wash, very thin material--my favorite. They zip up in the back too which I think looks really cute.

Knee length--camel colored suede boots

Wore my medium gauge white knit poncho. It wasn't cold out today so it was perfect.

I also bought these polka dot pants...and I love them. They were on sale, they are a rusty burgundy color and the polka dots are really small. They sound so weird, but I am going to make them work somehow! They are overalls actually, but the top pocket/suspenders are detachable so I can wear them as regular pants.

Archived