I think she might be jealous .....?

notafraid

I thought I would post this here because I wasn't sure where else to post. I work in hospitality, I am a waitress/bartender and the restaurant where I work is in a nice hotel downtown. There have been many issues lately where two people that held high positions were let go because of the way they were treating staff. Anyway, there is a woman who I work with who is my age (40) very sad that I have to actually put up with this kind of behaviour at this time of my life. Because of the fact that we no longer have managers until a new one is hired everyone now seems to think that it's up to them to make new rules and basically be a pain in the butt to people like me who are just trying to do their job. I only work there part time thankfully. So let's call this girl Kate. Kate has been working at the hotel for almost 20 years. I have on numerous occasions helped her when she wanted shifts covered. She is also very good friends with one of the bartenders who is 20 years younger than her and many times they will chat and talk, etc and they exclude me ....really I don;'t care. I don;t care even if they are talking about me. Generally I get along with most people, the front office staff and most of the kitchen....But, recently she has been a huge B with me and yesterday she came and made a comment about one side duty that was not done before I left on Monday night, it was not a huge deal.....it's not like a left dirty plates in the dining room it was a very small issue. Many times I will come in for a shift and I have to clean up what someone else should have done the night before, but I don't complain because it's part of my job and maybe that person was busy......I understand because I know what it's like when you are busy it's hard to get things done. She made this comment in front of two other employees and I was slightly embarrassed, it's like she was reprimanding me (I have a mother thank you very much). There was a time when I thought we were friends, we were facebook friends and now it appears she has deleted me from me contacting her on facebook?????? I have not complained about her to H.R yet because I don't want people to think I am being racist. She is Philipino but at this point I dont care, there are times when she totally ignores me, berates me , is condescending and even gives me dirty looks. I only work there three days a week lady, get a grip??? What's her deal...any advice would be helpful. Thanks

Its horrible to have this happen at work. I had it recently but i couldn't report it because the management were all related or best friends. I would say that if this continues to happen then do report it, working in a negative environment is not good for anyone. This does not mean you are racist, you just have a problem you need to express about another member of staff this has nothing to do with their ethnicity. The only way something can be changed is if you tell someone,

Archived