i like the TA for my chemistry class

prettyname

Are you sure it's not hurt pride that you are dealing with here? It seems to me that you believe due to him having flirted with you, he should give you an easier time in class.

i have experienced many times in academic settings that if someone likes/care for you, they seemingly are tougher on you - but only because they care about your development and want to challenge you extra. You didn't actually initially say that he did it in an inappropriate way, but simple more to you than others.

Are you sure it's not hurt pride that you are dealing with here? It seems to me that you believe due to him having flirted with you, he should give you an easier time in class.

i have experienced many times in academic settings that if someone likes/care for you, they seemingly are tougher on you - but only because they care about your development and want to challenge you extra. You didn't actually initially say that he did it in an inappropriate way, but simple more to you than others.

hurt pride? he flirted with me and I didn't respond? Why would I have hurt pride. Also, this is a science class at community college. Everyone wants to PASS. Noone is an academic super star so I don't see why he behaves this way. Also, I already graduated college (I have a BA in english and am doing a second degree in nutrition). The TA attends a * * * * ty local school and I graduated from a much better school. I think he doesn't like that.

Yes, it is a life lesson. I think we all have stories of a boss who does something similar. You have to learn to navigate your way through. You will encounter all sorts of people who have some sort of power over you and for whatever reason they will single you out and be more harsh with you or criticize you. You need to take charge of your own future and learn to deal with it. Complaining about it will probably not have the desired effect and is likely to backfire. To be very clear, I am not talking about harassment here. If you have a legitimate harassment claim that is an entirely separate matter. But if your complaint is that he's too hard on you and singles you out, that is something you will have to navigate throughout your life and complaining to the person's boss about it won't help.

It sounds to me (correct me if I'm wrong) you are angry because he is being tough on you (although not inappropriately so that you want to take action) and it sounds as if you have a sort of entitlement to him treating you 'better' than the other people in your group because those individuals know less than you, because he is flirting with you, because he doesn't have the same educational pedigree as you - but instead he has chosen to make you work more

Archived