When Will I Know When I'm Ready To Date Again?

Philos

I always had a kind of date in my mind of "When I get my life sorted out". Now it seems I have arrived there, but I don't know or know how I would know.

I just started working a full-time, permanent job that I expect to be at for at least 3 years after a long period of unemployment. I graduated from the Community College in June with my AA and a one-year technical certificate and have transfered into the local University to finish my BA. I just sorted out the Financial Aid information and will be able to start going this Winter quarter (January) online, exclusively with grant money!

Since I got the job my happiness level has risen steadily. I have also had the chance to meet a lot of new people (large training class) and talk with many guys and girls. I have really strong feelings now that I want to find someone new (not at work though).

On the other hand, I feel like I should smooth over this transition period of my life. I was unemployed for a long time, severely depressed, and still think about my ex now and then. Part of me wants to wait until 2012 (wow! time flies) when I start classes and have been working for a few months.

I just find myself thinking about wanting to meet someone a lot lately - probably the strongest I've felt it since before I even met my ex. Was thinking about it earlier today, about joining up on OKCUPID or link removed and start trying to find some dates. I don't know what to do!

*EDIT* Next week will be 16 months since the breakup.

Is it possible for you to just to enjoy the moment and let the romance thing occur without a contrived effort? I think it is important to have a bit of a plateau after having some personal success, enjoy the moment, enjoy being happy, successful and single.

I would ease back into dating....

Archived