My ex has gone completely off the deep end-now she's married to keep him in US.?

octour

Here is my summation of what happened:

Basically, we were together for 3.5 years. She dumped me for someone else even though she said she didn't want to be in a relationship any more. Less than 2 months later she got married.

It's basically impossible for me not to bump into my ex's mother as she works next door to my store. She introduced us. I saw her today and she told me that my ex and this guy 'had' to get married before that Friday or he was going to have to leave the country. He is from England. So long story short, she married him so he could stay here.

This is sooooo out of character for my ex. She never strayed from being just, good, right and so on. It was uncanny really. Now she's involved in a quickie marriage to keep the guy that she 'isn't seeing' and in a relationship that she 'doesn't want to be in.'

It's just another turn in this story that has become the single most bizarre thing in my entire life. She is 34 and he is 27. She is acting like a 16 year old and this guy is taking her for all she is worth. A live in FWB that married him to get him a green card.

What the hell is she doing? Any thoughts?

She is not the girl you thought she was. The good thing about popping that bubble world is it can save us from a mess of pain in the future. Just be nice to the mom and tell her you're glad things worked out for her. Do not feed the drama troll. Keep healing and licking your wounds.

It's just another turn in this story that has become the single most bizarre thing in my entire life. She is 34 and he is 27. She is acting like a 16 year old and this guy is taking her for all she is worth. A live in FWB that married him to get him a green card.

Its not you're bizarre life event its hers. Leave it there and move on.

Um... no. She obviously hasn't researched the process of US Immigration well because it does not 100% guarantee him to stay in the country. I am marrying a foreigner with a green card and the process and paperwork is a longer wait for him to be approved.

Them both marrying isn't going to help him stay longer or automatically grant him US citizenship anymore like it has in the olden days, when soldiers were bringing war brides home from WWI, WWII, Korean War, and the Vietnam war. Those days are over now since immigration has become a MAJOR security issue in this country. The government placed this waiting and background approval process because there have been hundreds of cases of foreigners marrying Americans to gain easy access and once they have their so-called citizenship, they divorce the American spouse... sometimes they take the kids back with them to their home country and leave the divorced American spouse screwed.

Here's a better explanation of how marrying a non-US citizen and getting them citizenship works: link removed

She' an idiot and it's her drama. Move on from this chick.

Basically, we were together for 3.5 years. She dumped me for someone else even though she said she didn't want to be in a relationship any more. Less than 2 months later she got married.

Sounds like a rebound. I've been in a similar situation with my ex, who married her menacing ex three months after dumping me (which incidentally, I got to hear all about and in so much detail while with her). I suspect this relationship will not last very long. Maybe she was getting back at you and this is her way of proclaiming, "See! I am wanted and desired! And you'll never have me!" It's her life though and you're no longer involved so let her do her own thing. I think it's probably best you're not with her anymore. She sounds emotionally unstable.

Archived