The ex's mail

shotinthedark

Long story short, my ex-girlfriend of 10 years who I was living with and I broke up about 3 months ago (her decision). There's been no contact, aside from her bumping into my brother's gf and asking how I was doing.

Anyways, I checked the mail today and there's a pretty big envelope from her doctor. I'm not quite sure how to go about this. No contact has been instrumental in me moving on, but I feel as if I should let her know to maybe change her address and that I have some of her mail. One part of me says to just drop it off at her parents (where she's living) discreetly, another side says to send a simple text telling her I've got this letter from her doctor, etc.

I really don't want to take a step back, as I don't know if I'm ready to be face-to-face with her.

What do you think?

If you know her address, just put this whole (not opened) letter to another new envelope and forward it at the post to the right address. Or just bring it to the address and tell the post office that they sent this letter by the wrong address and tell them the right (her) address. They will forward it themselves. You don't need to do it yourself by seing her. Or if she lives not so far from you, then just put the letter to her post box, not contacting her.

Archived