You're looking for a job, how many positions do you apply for in a week?

Im recently hunting for a full-time position in several locations relatively close to my home. I have applied for about 40 last week, I'm just wondering how many people usually try for? How long do employers take to respond if they're interested?

Ive so far received one call back and I have an interview on Tuesday.

One job I heard from months after applying - it was one where they take people in groups for training, so apparently it only had actual recruiting 4x a year or so. I'd long given up hearing anything by the time I heard.

Others have either given no response (gone are the days where you always got some kind of response) or responded within a few weeks.

Response time varies, the fastest I've heard was within a half hour of submission, it's actually the company I'll be temping at different division but the world is one small place. Usually responses are within a week. I submit about 3-5 apps a day. There aren't that many positions in my field and each one requires a long application process.

40 in a week is a lot. Last summer, I had applied for 130 positions from June to August- I applied outside of my state and outside the country for various positions. I would spend 3-4 hours on weekdays and a couple weekends applying.

The answer on employers depends how great the need is. Sometimes 2 weeks to a month. Either way... keep applying and don't stop.

Archived