I belive this is more of a vent....

Hey whats going on. Ive been on these boards for awhile and have really appreciated all the help from these forums.

Anyways, long story short. Me and my ex broke up 2 1/2 years ago. Well about 4 months ago, we started talking again and we actually got to the point where we were together again. It was honestly the best its ever been. This only lasted about a month and a half before she broke up with me. She said that she just couldnt get over the past with what happened with us and that she just cant love me like I want her to. The whole time that she was breaking up with me this last time, she was balling her eyes out. That kinda seemed weird to me.

Well I since we broke up, I havent really talked to her that much. I only really talked to her about our 2 children. I didnt bring anything up about the break up or anything.

Well being the nosey person I am, I decided to look at my friends list on Facebook (Would you imagine that, lol). Well I clicked on her profile and I see a picture thats on her wall of her kissing some guy. I wont lie, it hit me pretty hard when I saw that. But I was suprised cause I thought I would be a lot worse off.

Now heres the crazy part. My aunt and uncle came down to visit. Well come to find out, the guy my ex was kissing was his ex-step son. I was in aww.

So I just had to say something to here. I texted her saying, "Tell Jeremy that Rudy said whats up". Well at this time, im pretty sure that there like freaking out and like what the hell is going on.

So then she calls me. I pick up and its the guy. He asks if "Rudy is there" I said no and that he doesnt need to be calling be from her phone or anyones at that. Well he wanted to try to act like a tough guy and saying that hes gonn beat my a**, yada yada yada. I had my choice words as well with him.

Comes to find out, my uncle told me that he just got a divorce and that he can be abusive. That really bothers me. Especially when my boys are at her house.

Now heres the thing that gets me. This guy is nothing like her type one bit, like the absolutely complete opposite. Im thinking this is a rebound and hopefully will just go away here pretty soon.

Sorry for the long post, just havent slept much and it seems to feel better posting on here.

I can understand you concern, especially with two children (assuming they are biologically yours..even if they are not I understand) with an abusive guy. That is an awkward situation and seems to be a egg-shell type situation. As for your rebound thoughts, your probably right, I have no clue why people do rebounds I think they are retarded but whatever. I wouldn't fuel into the guy very much though, duesch abusive guys usually like that type of attention. If your still worried about your children, I'd write her a message about how your uncle said he had abusive type history and that your concerned for her health and not only that, but for your children's health as well. Hope things go for the better.

Probably not the best idea to antagonize the BF of the mother of your children regardless of who he is and who you both know in the world. Setting yourself up as BF's adversary is what put this kind of stress on you. Had you kept your self control, this could have played out without you pitting yourself against him--so now he's probably MORE determined to stay in your ex's life because he knows how much it bothers someone who went out of his way to insult him.

Not a smart way to play this out. I'd back off and if the opportunity ever presents itself to mend fences, I'd think of my kids' best interests and do just that.

Probably not the best idea to antagonize the BF of the mother of your children regardless of who he is and who you both know in the world. Setting yourself up as BF's adversary is what put this kind of stress on you. Had you kept your self control, this could have played out without you pitting yourself against him--so now he's probably MORE determined to stay in your ex's life because he knows how much it bothers someone who went out of his way to insult him.

Not a smart way to play this out. I'd back off and if the opportunity ever presents itself to mend fences, I'd think of my kids' best interests and do just that.

I really wasnt trying to start a fight or anything. But once I texted her I knew that it was going to. I care but I dont care, if that makes any sense. I dont care to really be with her, but at the same time, I do care that they are doing whatever they are doing.

I told her that I was happy for her that she found someone she thinks is a great person. I absolutely hate arguing. I think arguing makes me more upset then anything. I kinda disappointed myself by starting it.

[...] I think arguing makes me more upset then anything. I kinda disappointed myself by starting it.

It says a lot in your favor that you can admit to starting it. Being honest with ourselves is how we all learn, which is the point--as uncomfortable as it is.

Head high, and let it blow over. You can do this.

It says a lot in your favor that you can admit to starting it. Being honest with ourselves is how we all learn, which is the point--as uncomfortable as it is.

Head high, and let it blow over. You can do this.

And this is why I like coming here. There is so much motivation here.

Thanks alot. I have gotten better and better as the day has progressed.

Also, I thought it was kinda funny, but those pics of them together are off of her Facebook.

Archived