I know now the reasons he dumped me*** after 3 months , iam tempted to write him

5 years with my ex, he dumped me no closure, i went thru hell trying to get my things back from his house, finally he gave in after 2 months of me begging for my belongings... never saw him , i arranged to have my things picked up, few days ago i see pictures of his new girlfriend on his FB, she also has the same picture on her FB , iam tempted to write him and tell him i know the reason now why you left me!!! please someone tell me not to do it !!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You don't have to swallow the pain --- but ranting at him or her will accomplish absolutely nothing. And change nothing. Go yell from the rooftops if you want.

You are not in a relationship with him anymore, so I really doubt that he cares how you feel. He's moved on ---- and while it really sucks, you need to as well.

Ok, hypothetically speaking you did express how you felt, what do you think he will say?

I know it hurts, because I've been through the same thing you been through, no closure - no nothing. I found out soon afterwards that he was seeing someone else, most likely cheated on me, and I was furious, but what good would that do if I said something?

Do you think he's going to come around and give you an explanation? He did what he did, without any regards to your feelings. Yes, I agree that the least he could have done was have the courage to tell you the truth, rather than being a coward. You already know the type of person he is now..

I'm sorry for what you're going through, but please think things through before you do something you may regret later.

The only reason i would do this is so he knows that i know the truth, regardless what he thinks !! i want him to feel guilty !! he was always so controlling of me, jelous of me, for no reasons, i never cheated on him, never did anything wrong, so thats what makes me so angry !! he did it to me!!

If you write him, it will justify in his mind the breakup. He will show the letter to his gf and they will laugh and he will say, "See, I told you she was a b*tch!" She will say, "Aren't you glad you have me now?" Not a good scenario, is it? Keep it to yourself and keep your dignity. No sense looking like a fool, it's over and done with.

I doubt he'd feel guilty. I tried that same thing with my ex, & he could really care less. I don't know, your ex might be different. I don't know him, but though you might really want to do it like I always do, it's not gonna change anything & you'll probably end up feeling worse if you don't get the results you want.

No iam sure he knew of her ! his daughter hated me , she wanted me far fromher father, so she intruduced the father to this women, she happens to be his daughters best friends AUNT which recently moved here from Spain... i supported this man for 2 years, i gave him my life !! know i get paid this way ?? common who those these things ???

Me and my ex broke up 7 months ago. He just left me with no closure and explanation, it hurt me so much. I sent him an email a few days after he left but he never replied. So I initiated NC right away because that's what everyone advised me to do and NC did help but I kept on wondering and searching for answers within myself of what I did wrong and I was boiling with anger inside of me for what he has done to me. I never got my closure until 3 months after the break up when I checked his fb and saw his pic with another girl, it hurt me so much and all I felt like doing was sending him an email to release all the anger within me but most people advised me not to including people here in ENA. I didnt listen to anyone and I followed my instincts and sent him a long email releasing all the anger I was holding toward him. Surprisingly he replied after 3 weeks telling me how sorry he was for hurting me and that I deserve better than him. I got my closure this way and I feel so much better now. Even if he hadnt replied it would have still given me closure because I now know that my voice has been heard and that I had told him everything left to say.

Iam almost sure its his daughter posting those picutres on FB of them , he never had a FB account, few months after we broke up he opened one, he dosent even know how to use a computer !! so iam sure its his daughter doing this to me, they know i use FB all the time!!

Don't do it.

Letting him see he can still get to you just hands him an ego boost - and another piece of yourself into his keeping.

Don't you think he's taken enough pieces already?

As for FB - block, block, block. You control what you see, no matter what they post. Take that control - no need to torment yourself.

Yep, as Jooj has shown, and I have experienced, sometimes there are things that do need to be said; but perhaps better said after a period of reflection. Before licking the envelope or clicking the send button or dialling the number, figure out exactly what your message is going to be and calm yourself for it be delivered in the most effective way possible. After the period of reflection, you may find that you don't really need to send the message at all.

DD

Yes, attempting to contact in this situation would likely lead to further pain and embarrassment. You're letting him get you IMHO, don't let him, take the high road here and move on, disappear so to speak. Block him from FB, NC all the way, etc. I've only been on this site for a few months, and I can't tell you how many times FB has caused pain and anguish in people's lives as they cyberstalk their exes. Break the cycle, block him

I wonder if they caused us so much HURT , how can they be so happy??? dont they care?? why and how can they move on knowing the hurt someone so bad??

For one, they already dealt, to an extent, with KNOWING they were going to hurt us before they ever gave us the unceremonious heave-ho out the door. And they were already starting to get some emotional distance while they still had our love and support, before they "left" the relationship.

They may still hurt. They may jump into another relationship. But since they're no longer invested in us - they affect us a lot more than we affect them.

The hard part for us is getting all those pieces of ourselves we happily invested in the relationship back - when we're reeling and hurting. It's not easy. It's painful, it takes a lot of time, and it pretty much sucks. But the other option - giving more to someone who's no longer even really receiving anything, sticks us in a nasty limbo spot where we can't move forward, and going back, well, if that was an option, most of us wouldn't be here.

Archived