Christmas and getting back together

lonelyheart2

I realise that I am clutching at straws and false hope but I was just wondering has anyone ever had experience with exes contacting them around christmas time to say they miss you and want to give it another try? I know I often find myself thinking of past boyfriends around this time but is this just me?

I realise that I am clutching at straws and false hope but I was just wondering has anyone ever had experience with exes contacting them around christmas time to say they miss you and want to give it another try? I know I often find myself thinking of past boyfriends around this time but is this just me?

Honestly, there is often a pattern with people...They break up in the summer months: freedom, have fun, etc. Then, come back in the colder months: comfort, lonliness, less to do, indoors a lot.

Yes, I am sure one of my fools tried to get my attention during christmas. I never thought its because they felt lonely during the holidays.

I know my cousin texted his ex merry christmas, and she called him beaking down, saying that she missed him. All her replacements didnt take her serious, I guess the grass was brown and crispy and dried up, not greener. They got back together, and are now married.

Honestly, there is often a pattern with people...They break up in the summer months: freedom, have fun, etc. Then, come back in the colder months: comfort, lonliness, less to do, indoors a lot.

Yup, that is very true. In the hood, we used to say, "she'll be back in the winter after the clubs die down".

also I got together with my ex in December so I'm not going to pretend that I'm not hoping he will be reminded of that time and begin to miss me....although he has already said that he gets reminded of me and misses me but perhaps christmas will make it just that little bit more...here's hoping

Speaking of gifts- my ex called saying he wants to try again after he got the birthday present I got for him. I was spending my summer in Italy and picked it very thoughtfully, and attached a very nice, but friendly letter. He said he cried when he got it. That was the breakthrough.

you are both so lucky! I didn't get my ex that great a christmas present as we had only just got together and was feeling a bit unsure and I was never with him when he had a birthday as it is in late october...which is why I think it's probably better I don't say happy birthday even though we are on good terms.....but then maybe it would put me in his mind...so still sort of unsure I suppose

hEHE.

I`m not even hoping for anything..last christmas we spent apart with our families - I said I Dont want to miss meeting my grandparents - they might be gone soon..

she said her father is quite old already aswell (as old as my grandparents) and she wants to spend it with her family. Well..it sucked lol. I ended up regreting it and went to meet her on the 26th. We agreed both that next christmas we are going to spend together with either one`s family. That will never happen now. lol.

Also please read the link removed for 45 Tips For Surviving Christmas/The Holidays Whether You’re Single, In a Relationship, No Contact or Broken Hearted

here you go:

link removed

I got my ex that birthday present when we were broken up, but friends. Now we're in NC, so I'm not going to get him anything for Christmas. I was just thinking of sending a card to his parents, I really loved them and they are not responsible for his decisions.

I'm actually not looking forward to the holidays for this very reason. Not because I think HE may be lonley and miss me and contact me, but because I don't trust myself not to be 'that' person. I know the holidays- Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years are going to be really emotional times for me because that was 'our' time. Especially December. The month we fell in love, New Years being our anniversary. So I kind of don't trust myself to not be super emotional and pour my feelings out to him through a random text or something. It's more so that I don't want to look stupid and desperate then anything. If he were to pour himself out to me I would be SHOCKED but pleasantly so....but I won't hold my breath. How do you guys keep your emotions in check during this time of year? I'm already dreading it!!

robin2904 I know exactly what you mean!!! I was kind of hoping that because I feel I might have such a strong temptation to do it that he might......wanted to know if these times might affect a dumper too....

Yeah I secretly hope for that too. I know how special that time of year was to me, Hell to both of us. And i wonder if he will feel the same things I am...and if he's not and I wind up saying something stupid I'm so scared I'm going to make myself look like a fool :sigh:

hEHE.

I`m not even hoping for anything..last christmas we spent apart with our families - I said I Dont want to miss meeting my grandparents - they might be gone soon..

she said her father is quite old already aswell (as old as my grandparents) and she wants to spend it with her family. Well..it sucked lol. I ended up regreting it and went to meet her on the 26th. We agreed both that next christmas we are going to spend together with either one`s family. That will never happen now. lol.

Also please read the link removed for 45 Tips For Surviving Christmas/The Holidays Whether You’re Single, In a Relationship, No Contact or Broken Hearted

here you go:

link removed

That was a really good read- thanks!! I'll have to bookmark it and keep it for when the holidays come!

Let's both try not to together I'm first struggling with not saying happy birthday I think not saying happy christmas though at least will be even harder...but I guess deal with that when it comes!

I'm with ya!

My exes birthday was about a month ago and I went through the same thing. I debated but I wound up not saying happy birthday...it was very tough, especially because we were on 'okay' terms (at least on his end) but we hadn't spoken in several months. I felt kind of bad for not saying anything....but I think it was best I didn't. Ironically a few weeks later we wound up speaking.....and then I really felt badly for not saying Happy Birthday, but I still feel it was for the best.

You can do it!

Well said Thorshammer I'm going to repeat that to myself over and over if I have a moment of confusion! His birthday is next week but I think I'll be able to do that why I would feel a tiny bit guilty about not saying anything reeeeeally is very annoying though

If he wanted you to be there for his birthday, he shouldn't have dumped your ass! I look at it like this: if the ex cares that I don't say happy birthday, then why the hell did he dump me?

They shouldn't have our support at these times, and who knows, some of them probably don't even want it

Archived