Should I continue fighting for this relationship or is it over before it began?

lexie26

I met this guy on a dating website, he is 30 and we had 2 wonderful dates, one of which lasted a whole day. We seem to have a lot in common but he is very busy with work and does not like to call; only texts twice a week and I haven’t seen him in 3 weeks now. One weekend he was out with colleagues and the other a friend came to visit and he texts me in the middle of the night that he wants to see me like I’m a booty call. I of course declined politely. What should I do? I really like him but don’t understand what he is doing? Is he just bad at relationships or trying to make me break up with him cause he is too coward to do it? Please help me I am in a very dark place right now.

Seems like he is a dating site player and hoping you will become a booty call. You are concerned he is trying to breakup with you, but from his perspective I would venture he doesnt even consider it a relationship to break up. He more than likely views you as just someone he went out with twice and is not hoping to have sex with at his drunken convenience. I dont mean to be harsh, but that looks like the reality of the situation. I would move on.

Seems like he is a dating site player and hoping you will become a booty call. You are concerned he is trying to breakup with you, but from his perspective I would venture he doesnt even consider it a relationship to break up. He more than likely views you as just someone he went out with twice and is not hoping to have sex with at his drunken convenience. I dont mean to be harsh, but that looks like the reality of the situation. I would move on.

This sounds harsh, but I do agree with it. When a guy genuinely likes you, there is a lot more effort.

I met this guy on a dating website, he is 30 and we had 2 wonderful dates, one of which lasted a whole day. We seem to have a lot in common but he is very busy with work and does not like to call; only texts twice a week and I haven’t seen him in 3 weeks now. One weekend he was out with colleagues and the other a friend came to visit and he texts me in the middle of the night that he wants to see me like I’m a booty call. I of course declined politely. What should I do? I really like him but don’t understand what he is doing? Is he just bad at relationships or trying to make me break up with him cause he is too coward to do it? Please help me I am in a very dark place right now.

You have only been on two dates, you are not in a relationship! Why would you think you were in a relationship?

You rarely see him and he throws you a couple texts a week. The worst is that he texts in the middle of the night for a booty call. Very disrespectful!

You're not together, there is nothing to break up. I would move on from this or you will be used.

Archived