13 year relationship gone bad..

unwell29

I have been with my b/f for 13 years now..we have a son together and I have a daughter from a previous relationship. We fight and argue constantly in front of the kids. Sometimes he gets so angry at me that I'm actually afraid that he will do something to hurt me. I left him 5 years ago and moved out with the kids. The whole time i was gone he was doing things to improve himself..or so he told me. Now I'm not saying I'm perfect in this situation, because believe me I'm far from it..but even some of my family memebers have noticed how controlling he can be towards me and the kids. After being apart from him for 3 months, we got back together, and things were really great between us! Now 5 years later we are right back in the same situation! I am ready to leave again, but heres the catch..he took me to court last year during one of our fights, and was able to get custody of our son. He has already warned me that if I try to leave him he will take my son out of state and I will never see him again! I DONT want to lose my son..i dont even believe that he shouldve gotten custody in the fist place, but I didnt have the $ to fight him in court. So I feel like I have to stay, just so I can be in my sons life..but at the same time, I dont want our bad relationship to affect our kids anymore than it already has! What do i Do???

Chitown9..No I have asked him to do couples counseling, and he doesnt seem to think we need it!! Turnera..The judge asked my son who he wanted to live with and he said his dad..but this was due to the fact that my b/f told him he'd better say he wanted to live with him or else! At the time of the custody hearing, I was again packing my bags and getting ready to move out. He not only controls me, but has to have full power over everything the kids do! I just dont know what to do anymore!!

If he's acting out like that, you can start documenting it. Audio, secret video...it doesn't take much to prove to a judge that he isn't fit to have custody of a child especially with his aggression issues. At the same time, make sure you get a restraining order. He only can control what you let him.

Good luck

Archived