One day off my "diet" left me with bad stomach pains and sick!

So i have had a pretty good diet or lifestyle change. Was sick of the lack of energy, bloating, and need to lose some weight. I have been eating pretty clean food. I mean no packaged stuff at all except for ezekiel bread which is pretty healthy. Lowfat cottage cheese, veggies and fruits, brown rice has been my primary diet. I even cook with broth, but no oil or butter.

Today was my off day since I started the diet less than a week ago. So today i had regular foods and it did consist of some carbs and a couple fried things, etc. So later that night i had horrible stomach pains.

Anyone else experience this? maybe I need to steer clear of the fried anything completely or be prepared for the pain!! ugh

Your fiber intake was probably much higher than it normally is. If I have way more fiber than my body is used to over a short period of time, it just cannot process it all and it causes stomach pains and intestinal crampage. It happens often when you're dieting. Make sure you *GRADUALLY* increase your fiber intake on a daily basis up to 25 grams. When you do it this way your body gets accilmated to the increased fiber and you'll have a much more easy time processing heavy foods.

I'm not saying this is definitely it...but a certain possibility.

PS - If you are on a diet check this site out link removed

It has basically any food you could possibly eat on it and tracks your intake of calories/carbs/fiber/etc..etc...

It's my duty to assist any fellow New Yorker! Go Giants!

The body can react negatively during any sort of diet change. I had a steak dinner (which I used to have quite a bit when I was in my 20s) after about a year of being a strick vegan. About two hours after eating it I had bad pains and came close to vomiting. Needless to say I didn't bother trying that again.

It's important to have one day a week where you're eating OVER the number of calories that you should be for maintaining weight. It shocks your body into thinking "I'm good, lets crank this metabolism up!" and your weight loss or cutting will get much more effective the rest of the week.

The body can react negatively during any sort of diet change. I had a steak dinner (which I used to have quite a bit when I was in my 20s) after about a year of being a strick vegan. About two hours after eating it I had bad pains and came close to vomiting. Needless to say I didn't bother trying that again.

Your stomach generally shrinks (eats itself if you will) if you maintain a lower calorie or non-fiberous diet. Sometime a "big" meal will just literally fill you up to the point where you get cramps.

Yeah, I wont be eating anything fried again for a long time now.
It's important to have one day a week where you're eating OVER the number of calories that you should be for maintaining weight. It shocks your body into thinking "I'm good, lets crank this metabolism up!" and your weight loss or cutting will get much more effective the rest of the week.

Your stomach generally shrinks (eats itself if you will) if you maintain a lower calorie or non-fiberous diet. Sometime a "big" meal will just literally fill you up to the point where you get cramps.

Yeah, thats what happened to me.

Archived