Good or Bad?

xostarchickaxo

So I've been talking to this guy online for about a month now, phone conversations every other night, texting throughout the days, etc. He asked me to meet up a few nights ago, and tonight we met up for dinner. I think it went pretty smooth, but now I'm second guessing things. We were both smiling and laughing a lot, and the conversation never went dull, but then at the end of the night, he walked me to my car....and things got more awkward. It's pretty cold out tonight, and I was obviously shivering, so he was hugging me and rubbing my arms a bit, trying to make me warmer. There was lots of staring at each other and awkward silences, like we both weren't sure where to take it from there. At one point he pulled me in closer to him and just kinda hugged me really tight for a minute. He didn't kiss me, but did suggest we hang out some more next week when he wasn't so busy. Was this a pity/friendly goodbye, or was it a successful first date? I'm so used to guys kissing on the first date if they're interested, so I don't know if this is normal, or if I should take it as he's not as into me as he thought he was going to be. He's talked about having done everything besides sex on the first date, so I wouldn't say it's normal for him to not kiss on a first date. Was he just nervous or was I being misleading by not coming closer to his face? I don't know where to go from here. I don't want to get the wrong idea or give him any doubts.

Sounds like a positive to me as well.

Meeting someone for the first time after online conversations, as a guy, I'd be more worried about coming off as too forward or pushing things, especially with all the warnings out there about meeting guys from online. Sounds like he was trying to respect what he felt would be a decent boundary without being aloof or standoffish, and with giving the impression he liked touching you.

Archived