Open Club  ·  31 members  ·  Free

Book Talk

i hate when books know more about me then i do

dan10

so the other night i sat down and read the book "leadership and self deception: getting out of the box" ok book. but the stuff in it is ridiculous. there is this mental state they call "the box" and they explain how you get in and how to get out and all that fun stuff

and they also explain what happens in the box and how you distort the world and cause problems and stuff. i would definitely recommend reading it if you want to know why some people have so much drama in their lives and others just seem to avoid all of it.

but anyways. ever since i read the book i am notice all of these things the book predicted i would do. to summarize the book says basically that once in the box you maximize others' faults and minimize your own to justify the way you are acting so you feel better about yourself and turn into the victim of the world.

now whenever i'm driving if i think to let someone go before me and i decide not to all of a sudden i am coming up with "i'm late for work, i'm tired, blah blah blah" and "they should have gone slower so i got there first, they arent as important as me, blah blah blah" and then i'm like WTH how can some book tell me how i think when i dont even know that i'm thinking that way.

but on the bright side since i started doing what it says things have been happier for me and i'm less mad at people when they do things that used to really tick me off yay learning!!

anyone read the book and know what i mean?

you have to read the book. i wasnt complaining. i just wanted to talk about it with other people who know what i'm talking about. and i do now let the other car in front of me because if i dont then i'm in the box and i dont wanna be in the box because it is a bad place to be. but definitely read the book

Archived